Should a PA recipient be able to apply for home loans at a lower interest rate than the rest of us?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:28 PM on Sep. 24, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• I hate to say this, but I know probably 8 maybe 10 people on PA, including myself, and of them I think 1 might have decent, not good, but decent credit. To me giving lower interest rates to people who have a bad credit history isn't the worlds best plan, they have already shown they didn't plan well the first time around and are therefore high risk. I ruined my own credit, and now I am paying the price and will be more careful in the future. Why should I be rewarded for making mistakes? That really doesn't teach me anything. It would be nice, but I doubt its really a good idea.
    auroura

Answer by auroura at 2:38 PM on Sep. 24, 2009

• No.

Go check out the popular journals and read the post about PA ...and then you'll get an idea of why i say no.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:29 PM on Sep. 24, 2009

• No-that post is pretty much saying that they get too much to turn it down! They aren't going to walk away from PA unless they make more.

To those of us that make too much to qualify but not enough-we have to EARN what we have, not rely on government programs to give us that lifestyle. Must be nice to get stuff for free!!!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:35 PM on Sep. 24, 2009

• No.
    grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 2:43 PM on Sep. 24, 2009

• Are you kidding?? Didn't this country just get into a bunch of trouble giving home loans to people who couldn't afford them?? People on PA would be the last on the list to me.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:44 PM on Sep. 24, 2009

• No. Someone on PA who already is having a hard time making ends meet shouldn't be able to get a loan at all.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:46 PM on Sep. 24, 2009

• No. I'm not saying that to be mean or to bash PA, but when we got our first house we worked damn hard to save up a down-payment and build our savings for whatever else would be needed when we bought our house. If you are on PA that means you are having a hard time making ends meet. If you can't afford the basics and PA has to provide it for you then what makes you think you can afford a house? (I mean 'you' as a general term btw)

anime_mom619

Answer by anime_mom619 at 2:58 PM on Sep. 24, 2009

• I am thinking that someone who needs PA would never qualify for a mortgage. But I am just guessing.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:07 PM on Sep. 24, 2009

• NO
    mamakirs

Answer by mamakirs at 3:18 PM on Sep. 24, 2009

• Absolutely not
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 3:26 PM on Sep. 24, 2009