What do you think of Mahmoud Ahmadinejad? How do your religious beliefs affect your opinion?

I think he is a jerk. But I wonder if other people think so too? And if not, why? Does anyone have any reason to sympathize with him or feel compassion for him? Do you agree with any of his ideas or beliefs?

Does your faith offer any encouragement or advice to help us look at this situation (His plan for nukes) in a better way? Anything positive you can share?

PS. I am not the troll, I am looking for fresh insight not fights.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:37 PM on Sep. 24, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• Well, God will not allow things to happen until it is in His timing. Although this man is scary, I take refuge in the Father's arms knowing all things are in His hands. The enemy cannot succeed and will not succeed. God has a plan and a purpose on this earth. All things happen in His time.
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 3:51 PM on Sep. 24, 2009

• I honestly dont know too much about him. Im really not into the political scene anymore than necessary(its not a passion or hobby LOL).

What little I have heard and seen and when I hear his name I get chills....not good ones. So he's not got a good vibe going on for me.
    Amaranth361

Answer by Amaranth361 at 4:16 PM on Sep. 24, 2009

• I don't know much about him but I do know of his plans for opening and operating Nuclear power plants for Iran. Of course many scrutinize that he will instead manufacture nuclear weapons.
    I have no issue with nuclear power plants, hell we use them all the time. My husband operated one in the Navy. They aren't as dangerous as people think. For example when you hear a reactor is "Critical". Most people think that it's dangerous and about to blow up or something. Really a nuclear power plant being "Critical" simply means it is on and operating.

As for whether or not Iran will make nuclear weapons, I don't know. Finding yellow cake uranium really isn't a big deal either as it still needs to be refined before it can be used as fuel. It needs to be refined by 3% to use as fuel in a plant and more than 90% for weapons.
    KristiS11384

Answer by KristiS11384 at 5:17 PM on Sep. 24, 2009

• He's a nutcase.
    Laura1229

Answer by Laura1229 at 5:23 PM on Sep. 24, 2009

• I think he has EVERY RIGHT to arm his country with nuclear defenses. Who are WE to tell another Country they can't  use technology to defend themselves simply because we shake in fear at the thought of them using it on us? Perhaps if the US wasn't so stuck up other countries butts, oozing arrogance and minded our own damn business for once, we wouldn't HAVE to fear attacks!

I do NOT agree with his views on the Holocaust being a fake or his hate of the Jews. Even though I myself detest Israeli Zionists and their takeover and genocide of the Palestinian people, it's not for religious reasons that my distaste is so great and that's where his hate stems from- religion.

IhartU

Answer by IhartU at 7:00 PM on Sep. 24, 2009

• his hate does not stem from religion , no where will you find in the religion to hate the Jews. however the actions of some of the Jews have been horrendous. some of them are the oppressed turned oppressors!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:31 PM on Sep. 24, 2009

• shangle who is the enemy?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:34 PM on Sep. 24, 2009

• Ihartu I am shocked at your views of the Jewish people.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:40 AM on Sep. 25, 2009

• Anon, what are you talking about???? I have WEPT over the atrocities done to the Jewish people and just because I think the ZIONISTS have no business murdering and stealing property does not mean I'm a Jew hater. I'm not stupid enough to think all Jews are Zionists or have the same views, so stop pinning a racist label on me in error! You know, in this country it's become a crime to dare speak out against Puppet Master Israel and I for one am not afraid to stand up and shout that I'm sick of being their lap dog and I'm sick of supporting their genocide and I think they should be tried for war crimes.

IhartU

Answer by IhartU at 7:41 AM on Sep. 25, 2009

• I think he is crazy.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:03 AM on Sep. 25, 2009