Canopy for a baby bed...

I got a baby bed from a woman who was going to sell it in a yardale and it has the bars on top for a canopy. I've tried looking online for patterns or something to go by to make a new one (were making the bedding too) but I can't find anything to go by. Anybody have any suggestions or ideas how to make one? I'm kinda thinking about having like curtains type things coming down off the canopy on each of the 4 posts and then tieing them to the posts at the top with ribbon. Anybody have any good ideas?

misspriss_1987

Asked by misspriss_1987 at 2:46 PM on Sep. 24, 2009 in Hobbies & Crafts

• This is about as good of an idea as putting the bed near mini blinds with the cord hanging down. do NOT put them so that they hang down where baby can get ahold of them. They could pull them down or strangle on them.

If you want to do anything, I would only opt for something like a bed ruffle around the top
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 3:12 PM on Sep. 24, 2009

• Oh no I didnt mean hang down that far...I found a picture on Google images that kinda gave me an idea, but it wouldnt be hanging down low enough for the baby to get ahold of...
    Here's the picture I got the idea from
    http://cleopatra-palace.com/DesignerBabyCribsCradles.html
    misspriss_1987

Answer by misspriss_1987 at 4:17 PM on Sep. 24, 2009

• How about using a crib bedskirt? Seems like if you take it apart at the four corners that might work without a lot of work.
    lvpenguino

Answer by lvpenguino at 5:52 PM on Sep. 24, 2009

• www.howtodothings.com
    I love your 4 posts ideas..
    3gigglemonsters

Answer by 3gigglemonsters at 6:54 PM on Sep. 25, 2009

• Sorry my link ws not for a crib, so scratch that. How about something sheer like a curtain and tulle is very sheer to tie with? Or a clasp or bracelet to tie?
    3gigglemonsters

Answer by 3gigglemonsters at 6:57 PM on Sep. 25, 2009