labor coming or what?

I'm 39 weeks and I've been 5 cm. dilated and 70% effaced for almost 2 weeks now.

Since yesterday I've been feeling like I'm going to start my period and have diarrhea all at once. I'm nauseated all day. I'm having horrible cramps and sometimes they get really bad (to where I'm grimacing and stopping whatever I'm doing to get through them) but then they die down and are bearable again. After I pee, when I wipe there's a pinkish brownish color sometimes so I'm assuming I'm spotting a little and I'm just soo darn tired lately (all I wanna do is sleep). I've also been getting dizzy at times.

I've been insanely stressed for the past few weeks...so does it sound like I'm getting ready to go into labor or could this all be from stress?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:56 PM on Sep. 24, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Thats exactly how i feel im 39wks 5d an ive been feeling like that for weeks an still havent gone into labor! Ive been 3cm 50% effaced an he is at a -2 station for 3wks now! Hopefully u will have your baby soon! Docs think im gonna go passed my due date so im being induced on tuesday! Gl
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:00 PM on Sep. 24, 2009

• I'm being induced on Monday anyway! GL to you too!

-OP
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:38 PM on Sep. 24, 2009

• why get induced so early you 2?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:43 PM on Sep. 24, 2009

• My guess is that you are in labor now. I would time the contractions and when the get closer together, head on up to the hospital:)
    Jaydin_Makenna

Answer by Jaydin_Makenna at 3:48 PM on Sep. 24, 2009

• Labor now? Really? Could it last two days like this?!

Anon...I'll be a day short of 40 weeks on Monday. That's not early.

-OP
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:50 PM on Sep. 24, 2009

• not early for a baby to be born, just early for induction. i am always surprised that a dr will induce so early without a reason. have you read about the risks of induction for you and your baby. sometimes doctors don't talk much about those, although they should. i wish you the best. it does sound like you *might* go into labor naturally before your induction, but i think if you wanted to avoid the risks of induction you could just wait another week or so. good luck and congrats! :)
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:16 PM on Sep. 24, 2009

• Has it gotten any more painful over the past two days? Have the contractions gotten closer together or stronger?
    Jaydin_Makenna

Answer by Jaydin_Makenna at 5:35 PM on Sep. 24, 2009

• Every day the pain seems worse. :(

-OP
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:45 PM on Sep. 24, 2009

• I would think that you are in early labor. Just pay attention to it coming closer together and head to the hospital just to get checked out. Worst case, they send you home. I was 5 cm and 80% effaced at 37 weeks so I know how it is to sit and wait for every little contraction and wonder if its time to go in yet. Its not like when you are 2 cm and you know your body has some work to do... 5 cm and the work is more than 1/2 done because it takes the longest to get from 0-4cm.

Want my advice? Have sex and see what happens. If you dont feel like sex, its the Big O that you really need to have fun with yourself:)
    Jaydin_Makenna

Answer by Jaydin_Makenna at 7:22 PM on Sep. 24, 2009