what should I look for in choosing a preschool for my child?

I need some advice on choosing a preschool for my only child.

wickedcoolmama

Asked by wickedcoolmama at 3:09 PM on Sep. 24, 2009 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• Meet the teachers, ask about the lesson plan or daily activites. Also most states have a rating system for pre-k and preschool programs, you can probably google that to see how the schools are rated. Another major factor for me was the teacher to student ratio. My daughters pre-k has 2 teachers and a classroom "grandma" aka helper and there are 15 students in the class. They have gym, library and art once a week and they have a well laid out lesson plan, learning letters, numbers, shapes, colors, gross motor skills, occupations etc. I love her school and I'm glad I did the research and chose wisely.
    lynda_dora

Answer by lynda_dora at 2:39 AM on Sep. 25, 2009

• Wow, lynda dora, that's agreat ratio, I would've loved that ratio when i worked in preschools
    sounds like a great school to me. I would have 12 by myself, in some schools, it's hard when doing a simple art
    project and they need help.
    chevpam

Answer by chevpam at 7:24 PM on Sep. 25, 2009