So what do you think of mom's who are going to school full time, working and getting PA, with school paid for with government grants?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:11 PM on Sep. 24, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I think that they know how to abuse the system

And you have too much time on your hands to post yet another "What do you think about THIS mom"
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:14 PM on Sep. 24, 2009

• Seriously, stop caring so much about other moms. Care about yourself and your kids. Its their life, let them live it. Good Lord. I am so freaking sick of these "what do you think about moms who..." Wanna know what I think about moms who spend too much time thinking about other moms? I think you should just go play with your kid or something!
    AdensMommy1107

Answer by AdensMommy1107 at 3:14 PM on Sep. 24, 2009

• While I enjoy being a full-time homemaker, I feel a bit envious that they are able to work, go to school, and have a family life. It is sad that, even with work and school grants, some single mothers still need extra help.
    EternalChild86

Answer by EternalChild86 at 3:16 PM on Sep. 24, 2009

• i go to school and get grants for it, but we dont qualify for PA or anything like that. dont worry though im pretty sure Schwarzenegger is about to cut grants next, im already missing out on 3 days of school not including Gov holidays because of 'furlough' days
    pookipoo

Answer by pookipoo at 3:18 PM on Sep. 24, 2009

• i agree with adensmommy...really is it hurting you? no it isnt..worry about your own and you'll be alot happier
    naturepeace

Answer by naturepeace at 3:18 PM on Sep. 24, 2009

• good for them! they are working a job & working towards getting a better job. so long as they plan on getting off PA when they get that better job (thanks to their schooling) i see no problem with it. they are paying into the system by working & so long as the truly need PA thats what it is there for.
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 3:20 PM on Sep. 24, 2009

• Hey...they are working hard for thier future. A little help never hurts. The government money should go to them over nonambitious people. I need to figure out how to get more grants for my school funding....loans suck! LOL It is a hand-up, not a hand out. Obvoisly they are NOT abusing the system. Good for them for reaching out for help. After all, that is what it is there for. It is hard to get back on your feet.
    Amberoz

Answer by Amberoz at 3:21 PM on Sep. 24, 2009

• I think that is a good thing! I would rather see someone using the system to better themselves and get a better paying job than to use the system forever. I to am going to school, paid by grants, getting pa, and working
    worriedmommy600

Answer by worriedmommy600 at 3:21 PM on Sep. 24, 2009

• thats what im doing and there is nothing wrong with it. im just trying to secure a good future for myself and my son, all the ways that i can, and once i get my degree I wont need PA...but that doesnt mean I will judge those who need it!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:24 PM on Sep. 24, 2009

• I think I'm sick of all the judgmental questions on this site. According to the questions recently I'm a horrible mom. I am a sahm, go to school full time that's fully paid for by financial aid, our family lives with my parents, I go out in my pjs with my wet hair at times, and I smoke cig. Yea so I guess I'm scum for having a bad habit and having to rush out at night to pick medicine up for my child after getting home from night classes 5 days a week to better our family and moving in with my parents until we can get on our feet instead of living in a crime infested neighborhood. I think the moms asking these questions haven't ever had a dose of reality on their plate and I think I'm a strong wonderful mom who is doing the best we can for our kid and trying to work from the bottom up unlike some who think being on 'hard times' means they can't get their weekly pedicure.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:30 PM on Sep. 24, 2009