Sex? How long has it been?

My husband never wants to have sex anymore, like ever. He's taking deppresion med. so I guess that could be why, but it really affects me because I want sex at least twice a week, and also it hurts that he doesn't want or need to. Help?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:14 PM on Sep. 24, 2009 in Relationships

• Maybe you need to talk to him about it. Let him know that you have needs too and that even a compromise is better than nothing.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 3:18 PM on Sep. 24, 2009

• Start anyways! Make a date with him or get playful in the bedroom. Wanting it isn't a prerequisite, it just makes it quicker. Start with a back rub or surprise him in the shower. Only discuss this with him as a problem when you don't need it now! Nothing kills the mood like an argument or lengthy discussion.
    h3art2h0m3

Answer by h3art2h0m3 at 3:20 PM on Sep. 24, 2009

• Have you mention this to him?

He might have to go to the doctor again to get his meds changed or up or lower the dose.
    I am taking Zoloft I started 50mg then 100mg now I am taking 75mg now I am having great sex with my dh. Yeah I would definately do something NOW it will only get worse do this for him and then for you. It gets to the point where you don't care anymore so you be him shoulder to lean on. For better or for worse, Til death do us part. GL Somebody's got to get the ball rolling herre. GL
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:20 PM on Sep. 24, 2009

• I don't want sex either and I see no compromise so do you want to change dh's?LOL. My dh mentioning it to me does nothing at all for me I know he has needs but after 10+ yrs of getting BV after the 1st yr we were together and being tested for every major STD there was I just hate the thought of him coming any where near me. Much as I hate to ask this since I don't do any of these how about sex toys? At least he isn't out cheating on you. Mine could be but as far as I know he's not. Find other ways to get close w/o the actual act see how far that goes maybe he just hasn't had it in so long he doesn't realize what he needs to be doing. GL!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:52 PM on Sep. 24, 2009

• Depression medication definitely causes your sex drive to deteriorate, and if I were him I'd try some natural herbal depression remedies. You can buy this herb called St. Johns Wort. I've found it on ebay and I'm sure you can find it on many other herbal sites. It's probably best to go with an herbal tincture. If you don't know about all this, google St. Johns worth, and St. Johns Wort tincture. You can also google "Herbs for depression." There are some others' but this one is known best for depression.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:11 PM on Sep. 24, 2009