Should I go?

I do home parties, I have one tomorrow night, it's in a bad neighborhood, starts at 7, they usually wind up to be about 3 hours. My husband doesn't want me to go. I don't know what to do or say. What would you do.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:17 PM on Sep. 24, 2009 in Money & Work

• There is always the buddy system, bring a friend if okay by the host. Otherwise the concerned husband can drop you off and pick you up. I live in a mobile home park. It is depressing how many old friends I have lost because they are to good to come to a mobile home. I'm not saying you are a snob, but your friend has to live there. You can at least go home at night.
    h3art2h0m3

Answer by h3art2h0m3 at 3:32 PM on Sep. 24, 2009

• Go and take a friend. People that live in bad neighborhoods are customers too.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:36 PM on Sep. 24, 2009

• take another consultant with you, maybe your leader if they live close? That way you can get tips on how your doing and at the same time, have the safety of a second person.
    auroura

Answer by auroura at 3:40 PM on Sep. 24, 2009

• I would take my husband, he seems to be the only one concerned. You werent' worried when you booked the party, and probably shouldn't be now either. Just because it's a rough area doesn't mean anyone is out to bother you...besides if your host and all the other party invitees are there...you have more "eyes" on the situation than with the buddy system...or are you afraid that you are going to be mugged or hurt by the party attendees? If hubby is concerned, and supportive of your Home Business, and income potential, maybe he could come along and unload and re load your equipment, maybe the two of you can stop for a cup of coffee or a nice drink afterward...Push come to shove, if you are uncomfortable in a bad neighborhood, switch the venue to your home, and offer extra catalouges and plates of party food/favors for any guests unable to attend. Good luck!
    Cheapsk8mom

Answer by Cheapsk8mom at 5:40 PM on Sep. 24, 2009