Whats the silliest thing you have found yourself saying to your child?

We all have things we can't believe we just said. Whats yours?

Mine is "Don't feed the fish raisins."

auroura

Asked by auroura at 3:28 PM on Sep. 24, 2009 in Just for Fun

• This might sound dumb but my kids like to watch "Curious George" and for some 1980's reason I accidently call it "Boy George"

Example...like Hurry up guys when "Boy George is finished we've got to go!!! of course they start to laugh and correct me...lol
    Butterfly1108

Answer by Butterfly1108 at 3:30 PM on Sep. 24, 2009

• Since my daughter is not quite ten months old yet, my husband and I have to laugh at each other when one of us says, "Lucy stop that." She does not understand yet! :)
    EternalChild86

Answer by EternalChild86 at 3:32 PM on Sep. 24, 2009

• I don't know how silly it is but I had to start telling my son "Stop playing with your peepee!" Yeah he just made that wonderful discovery! Never thought I would say those words.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:07 PM on Sep. 24, 2009

• Well, I always ask my DS "Are you ready for your nap?" I'm sure he finds that pretty hilarious. Other than that I am constantly reminding him that "Little babies don't always get what they want and neither do bib mommies." Now people who ever over hear me shopping with him probably think I'm nuts because I talk to him like he is my sounding board. Like, "Do you think we need this?" "What else was Mommy supposed to get?" Do you like this shirt?" LOL! I don't get out enough. I even find myself talking like this when he isn't with me now.
    WindyTheWidow

Answer by WindyTheWidow at 4:23 PM on Sep. 24, 2009

• Hands down...."butt skeleton". Its all my kids will pay attention to when talking about passing gas.

My DH has them "trained" that butt skeletons is the word for that. So anytime they do Ill say something like "you just made a butt skeleton" and they laugh and then I make them say "excuse me".

But ya thats the phrase that bugs me to say but they are used to it so I continue on LOL.
    Amaranth361

Answer by Amaranth361 at 4:26 PM on Sep. 24, 2009

• "Son, your too young to be calling us by our first names..." He only does it when me and my husband talk to each other.
    lesliemck86

Answer by lesliemck86 at 5:01 PM on Sep. 24, 2009

• "we don't put toys in our pants to impress babies"
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:29 PM on Sep. 24, 2009