Why do you think just becase Im a SAHM and on PA I need to get a job??

Have you and by you I mean every one who thinks SAHM on PA should get a job. What gives you that right to judge? have you ever considerd WHY some moms HAVE TO STAY HOME??? there is a number of reasons! the biggest one is that if you have more than 1 kid you would be losing money, not making money, after childcare, gas and lunch- even bringing lucnh from home cost a little I have 3 kids and the best pay I could get would be $8 per hour, that comes up to $320 a week and thats IF I could find a FULL TIME job, then take out 50 a week for gas, $200+ a week for child care and say $25 a week for food, plus all the 'work clothes' that would have to be bought. that is SPENDING money to work, not making money for working, the MOST I could bring home weekly would be $50!! I make that now babysitting for my friend, and I aint gotta leave my house, but the DHS dont give a rip cause 50 a week aint enough for crap. Still judging me?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:09 PM on Sep. 24, 2009 in General Parenting

• I remember when I went to work. We were getting FS and Medicaid for our daughter. By the time I paid all the extra expenses from me working (childcare and such) I only had about 20 bucks a pay check. They cut off the FS and Medicaid. So 40 bucks a month was supposed to be enough to feed us? And take my kid to the dr if the need arose? I don't see that one working out.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:16 PM on Sep. 24, 2009

• Very much judging you. If you couldn't afford your kids why did you have them? How in the hell do you think the rest of us do it? SAHM is not a right. I cannot afford to be a SAHM so I work. I call bu!!sh!t on this free ride scam.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:17 PM on Sep. 24, 2009

• They always will. Some people just really hate the poor. I consider the strong desire to raise one's own children plenty reason to stay home with them. That's just me. Your reasons are yours. But no matter what, there will be those who disagree. I guarantee you'll get a few nasty replies very shortly =(
    jus1jess

Answer by jus1jess at 4:18 PM on Sep. 24, 2009

• I have tried this argument before, they don't want to listen and don't care. Throw a special needs child into the mix and it STILL doesn't matter. You will get the same mindless replys and a few "if you can afford to stay home, do so but if you can't get a job." replys. No point in getting mad at them anymore, they don't get it because they really don't understand how little a min wage job makes and how much they actually pay for stuff. Must be nice to be in that income bracket, but hey, who am I to judge them.
    auroura

Answer by auroura at 4:19 PM on Sep. 24, 2009

• I hear you! It is too bad there are people who feel they need to tell others what they should/shouldn't do and how to live their life. My personal belief is that moms should do what they think is best for their family-- wether it be have a job and work outside the home, or be a stay at home mom.

I work part-time from home- a few years ago we were hitting a slump at work ,hours were being cut... they were even considering laying people off. I was starting to stress over it and I was afraid I would be laid off and my dad says 'well why don't you find a REAL job? Instead of doing that thing you do?" I was like "ummm cause I have 2 little kids and if I go back to work I would have to pay daycare, and that would be about 75% of my paycheck and I would make less than I am right now!". That shut him up. Hmmm maybe I should have said "why are YOU going to pay for daycare, or watch my kids while I work?'.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:21 PM on Sep. 24, 2009

• I am sick of everyone who is on PA acting like those of us who aren't are wealthy.
    Anonymous

• I dont get it either.When I had a job for a while I only ended up bring home like 30-40 a month after child care gas and such. and it messed up our tax returns made it where we had a bunch to pay in instead of getting any back and if I say, had a degree in somthing and could pull in 15+ per hour I would.
    sarahdicksonjr

Answer by sarahdicksonjr at 4:24 PM on Sep. 24, 2009

• Because people don't realize how much money is spent on working & all the extra things you have to pay for to work sucks the money away and so ok now your working, you still have no $ and to top it off you don't get to be home with your kids. I agree with you OP people need to stop with the judgements.
    and to the anon poster about not being able to afford them & being a sahm isn't a 'right' umm excuse me but why have kids if YOU aren't going to raise them? Why have kids if your just going to send them off for someone else to raise. Me being a SAHM is my right because my son is my responsibilty day in and day out.
    landensmommy411

Answer by landensmommy411 at 4:26 PM on Sep. 24, 2009

• and to the anon poster about not being able to afford them & being a sahm isn't a 'right' umm excuse me but why have kids if YOU aren't going to raise them? Why have kids if your just going to send them off for someone else to raise. Me being a SAHM is my right because my son is my responsibilty day in and day out.

I planned before I spread! I was a SAHM not on any PA before my kids started school. (we planned and saved like crazy) Once that they started school I went back to work and I work until they get out about 3 p.m.) Alternatively I also can work from home when needed. You should try it. The work thing I mean.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:32 PM on Sep. 24, 2009

• You shouldnt stay home if you need PA
    Why not drop the foodstamps and get daycare assitance instead?
    Then get a job instead of living off the government .
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:36 PM on Sep. 24, 2009