Telling your family your pregnant?

Okay, here is the deal, i'm 21 (so is my fiance) and I got a positive HPT (3 actually..), I'm going in to my dr. on monday to confirm it (until then only my fiance and best friend know). We both live with my mom, to help her out, my question is how do I tell her? I'm so nervous, i mean it's not like i'm 16 (like my now 39year old sister was) but i'm still nervous, my best friend is coming down to lend support, but I don't know how to break it to her or what to say, i'm so scared and nervous. I asked her what would she do if i had a baby and she said "spoil it" which i guess is a good sign but i'm still nervous. My fiance is a good stand up guy, we have been together over 4 years and has a good job. We also haven't told his family yet. Any help?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:16 PM on Sep. 24, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Congratulations!! Chances are, that as your Mom, she already knows ;) I was freaked out to tell my Mom, but when we did, she said: "I already knew you were. I was just waiting for you to tell me." LOL!! So, your Mom may already "know" and in the end, it'll all be OK. I'm sure she'll be thrilled =)
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:28 PM on Sep. 24, 2009

• Wait! Enjoy the secret you and your Fiance share a bit longer. Wait until the end of your first trimester to share the news. You can give her a card and say "We are making you a grandma, congrats"
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:22 PM on Sep. 24, 2009

• There's no need to rush it. Nothing says you have to tell her as soon as you find out. It sounds like she will be supportive when you tell her, but she'll be supportive whether you tell her next week or next month. It will probably be easier to do it once it sinks in for you - take a few days or weeks to get used to the idea. Of course, since you are living with her it might be hard to keep it secret.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:24 PM on Sep. 24, 2009

• aww congrats....she will be happy just tell her and his family it isnt no bad thing it is a miracle that God chose to give you
    tiffandgene2009

Answer by tiffandgene2009 at 4:24 PM on Sep. 24, 2009

• (OP) I can't wait, waiting will make it harder, plus my best friend is coming (from out of state) to lend support, she wants me to wait to tell my mom (my mom basically raised her) because she doesn't plan on having kids for "several more years" and wants to be there to share the joy.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:25 PM on Sep. 24, 2009

• (OP) i suspect she already knows, but still lol, his family...well, i might wait past the 12 week mark, maybe around thanksgiving (we don't get along, they think i'm white trash).
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:30 PM on Sep. 24, 2009

• I was 18 and just out of school when I told my mom and I was scared to death. I always told my mom everything and I knew she'd be ok with it and she always said she'd spoil it too but for some reason I was scared to tell her. I finally got up enough nerve to tell her when I was 15 weeks and she said she already got the feeling I was and wasnt mad at all.
    Don;t be scared to tell her, and you can always remind her that at least your not 16 lol
    misspriss_1987

Answer by misspriss_1987 at 4:31 PM on Sep. 24, 2009

• My sister went and got a pair of baby shoes and used a permenit marker to write on them the due date and gave that to my parents as a gift.
    auroura

Answer by auroura at 4:33 PM on Sep. 24, 2009

• Girl I was 25 and married living on my own and i was STILL nervous to tell my mom and dad! LOL.
    Write it on a cake! Congrats to you and your man on your pregnancy!!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:33 PM on Sep. 24, 2009

• Don't wait to tell them OP, I don't know about yours but my family would be super angry if I waited to tell them 12wks until the 2nd trimester.

Your mom sounds like she's ready to be a granma again, don't worry about it so much it's not good for the baby.

My family is super against my husband & I having more kids, why? No idea, we live by our selves, never ask them for anything as a matter of fact they live 7 blocks away & never see my kids. Long story short when I told them about our first I took me 3 wks because, I didn't want to hear them, they were super happy. With our 2nd my mom almost passed out, my dad & sister were so happy...lol Now with our thrid we found out Aug21st, my mom has been saying 4ever that I better have been done with the two I had, when she found out we were preggers she talked her usual BS but 2 days later she brought the baby some clothes. My point, if they are upset they will get
    over it!
    Happ-eToBme

Answer by Happ-eToBme at 4:38 PM on Sep. 24, 2009