Jobs for 17 yr old moms.

I'm 17. I have a 6 month old daughter. I am in cyber school. I need a little extra income. Any suggestions. I can't go out to work. So preferably working from home.

sopheeahsmommy

Asked by sopheeahsmommy at 4:21 PM on Sep. 24, 2009 in Money & Work

• What about babysitting another baby at your home? When my kids were small I did a lot of childcare for extra money. I'm glad to hear you're finishing school. Education is so important. Stick with it, and congratulations on your new baby.
    ohwrite

Answer by ohwrite at 4:24 PM on Sep. 24, 2009

• above suggestion was what i was gonna say
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:27 PM on Sep. 24, 2009

• Just why cant you go out for work? plenty of night shift jobs out there if GrandMom is watching the baby for you to apply to.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 4:31 PM on Sep. 24, 2009

• I can't think of anything but babysitting as well.

Christine0813

Answer by Christine0813 at 4:31 PM on Sep. 24, 2009

• Think about your skills. When I was younger I taught piano lessons, and later I taught sewing lessons. If you have a skill that you can teach, you may be able to schedule students, as long as your baby will cooperate. You may be able to tutor younger kids that need help with reading or math.
    ohwrite

Answer by ohwrite at 4:41 PM on Sep. 24, 2009

• Besides babysitting, how about tutoring younger children? Maybe you could arrange something with a small firm or practice to file their documentation from previous years, you know put them in boxes labeling and all that. Offer also data entry that can be done from home or doing transcripts from tape recorders for small fees.
    bebita

Answer by bebita at 4:42 PM on Sep. 24, 2009

• Do you have any office skills?

Answer by rkoloms at 4:46 PM on Sep. 24, 2009

• There are lots of ways to make money online. Some require investment, but I stay away from those. It’s too hard to tell which ones are scams. I stick with the free ones and I’ve been able to average about $1500/month or more for the last 6 months. I listed and ranked the sites I use at Earn Money Online

customcat2000

Answer by customcat2000 at 5:00 PM on Sep. 24, 2009

• I have created a series of work at home articles on eHow.  They contain excellent resources, ideas and information.  Also, I have a Blog about computer jobs sorted into those that pay via Paypal and those that pay utilizing other means.  You can check them all out at my website:

www.athome.yolasite.com

m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 8:37 PM on Sep. 24, 2009

• I can also suggest a an oportunity for you to work from home. It's called EscapeInternational.com, please take a moment to review the site to see if it's the right fit for you, and your situation. There are other things that come to mind for you also though.
    Babysitting, it may be a great option for you...there are lots of parents that don't need or want full time childcare...just a few hours here and there...while they run errands or have a little alone/couple time. I would run an ad on Craig's List, or other Net option where you live.
    In-Home Adult care. Where you offer to DAY-SIT an elderly person that needs light to moderate care, including monitoring blood sugars/meds/and activity levels while primary care giver is away. Also an ad for Craigslist or other local venue
    Good luck, I know it is hard to find work when you are under 18. If you would like other ideas or suggestions, PM me anytime....Good Luck Mama!
    Cheapsk8mom

Answer by Cheapsk8mom at 8:45 PM on Sep. 24, 2009