What does your baby sleep in during the summer? What temp. do you keep the nursery at night?

I have a 5 month old who started waking up again at night. I want to make sure he's comfortable.

suneebeach

Asked by suneebeach at 10:17 PM on Jun. 23, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• My DD sleeps in lightweight pajamma pants and short sleeve shirt and her AC is set to 72.
    Jackie01

Answer by Jackie01 at 10:21 PM on Jun. 23, 2008

• we set our ac at 74 and both of my boys sleep in their diapers with a light weight blanket but they are older than yours. she may be getting ready to have a growth spurt thats why shes waking up b/c she needs the extra calories or it could be teething
    masonelismom

Answer by masonelismom at 11:33 PM on Jun. 23, 2008

• Whatever your comfortable in the baby will probally be comfortable in. It's OLD school (your mothers thinking) to bundle them in too warm cloths.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 11:37 PM on Jun. 23, 2008

• My son sleeps in PJ's... short sleeved shirt & either pants or shorts. We keep our house between 70-75 degrees all year.
    crazysocks830

Answer by crazysocks830 at 11:39 PM on Jun. 23, 2008

• Our son is 8 weeks old. We live in Houston where it gets VERY hot and VERY humid during the summer. We keep our house at 75 from 9pm-7am, and he sleeps in a onesie with a receiving blanket swaddled from his armpits down.
    alleyway.ink

Answer by alleyway.ink at 12:13 AM on Jun. 24, 2008

• about 74-75 degrees. and I cover him with a blanket.
    unga

Answer by unga at 1:06 AM on Jun. 24, 2008

• Since we brought our daughter home, the room has been set between 68-72 degrees. Lately ive been turning on the heater to get the room up to 72 but my daughter ended up breaking out with a heat rash under her chubby neck. I dropped the temperature down to 68 that night and the next morning the rash went away. I keep a small blanket over her bottom half, making sure that her feet are always kept warm.
    HawaiianGirl58

Answer by HawaiianGirl58 at 4:04 AM on Jun. 24, 2008

• It's been over 100 degrees where I live lately..but Cayden will only sleep if she's swaddled. So I set the AC to 72, sometimes 74, and put her in a normal, light, short-sleeved Gerber or Carters onesie & use a really lightweight swaddler. She seems comfortable with it!
    CaydensMama505

Answer by CaydensMama505 at 12:24 PM on Jun. 24, 2008

• 68 to 70 degrees is what pedis say is the best temp for babies. We place my DD in either a lightweight sleeper...OR a onesie and a receiving blanket. :D
    schmoo_mommy

Answer by schmoo_mommy at 12:44 PM on Jun. 24, 2008

• Also you can feel the back of their neck to see if they are sweaty (hot) or cold.
    schmoo_mommy