Any advice on getting a well paying, full-time job with practically no experience? I have a little customer service and daycare experience.

And I would rather not work in a daycare ever again!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:29 PM on Sep. 24, 2009 in Money & Work

• good luck with that it is so hard right now to find a job anywhere and when there is a spot open they most likely give it to someone with the qualifications, i am having a hard time finding a job too and i have lots of customer service exp. and some childcare.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:31 PM on Sep. 24, 2009

• I don't think there is any real answer for this. But in all my years in the work force, you gotta just keep on trying. First of all, if you are not working at all, I would take anything at first, but keep throwing your resume out there and keep applying to things until you get what you want. Never ever give up. I am the queen on job hunting. I always keep my eyes open, and am always on the ball for the next opportunity. But just a little advice, if you find a really good company, but the money isn't exactly what you want, just stay put. I left a magnificent company for more money, and the new place fired me and I am left unemployed and pregnant. Money isn't always everything. But good benefits and job security is.
    agabriel1974

Answer by agabriel1974 at 4:33 PM on Sep. 24, 2009

• Well take yourself back to school or trade school and get a certificate in something else or a degree. You will never ever find a good paying job without the background to go with it and the place to start is school. Good luck
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 4:35 PM on Sep. 24, 2009

• What are your skills? How much education do you have? If you have been a SAHM, you have great skills that employers value, like time mangement, logistics, budgeting, etc.. You may also have picked up some great experience volunteering, like with the PTA.

Answer by rkoloms at 4:39 PM on Sep. 24, 2009

• I agree with a PP...you probably have skill sets you aren't even considering an option for your resume. Also, it is always easier to find a job...while you already have a job. A new employer would like to see someone that is looking to advance, rather than looking to begin. You may try sales, or even retail to begin with. Try applying at local stores, and working your way up...I know it is a long and sometimes depressing option, but it can be the most effective one in this market...more and more companies are doing without mid-mgmt positions, and those that still have them...hire from within...to layer the training costs on top of what they already spent on entry level employees...saving the company money over time. I would say take a Job...and make yourself stand out and shine, get noticed for hard work, going above and beyond, and commitment to excellence...you will become promotion material quickly Good Luck!
    Cheapsk8mom

Answer by Cheapsk8mom at 8:50 PM on Sep. 24, 2009

• I made great income in the first month! It works arounds your schedual! Try it! RISK FREE!

HI,
    I'm happily engaged and we are about to buy our first home. We live in a small town where it is really hard to find a decent job, so I've been searching for a way to work at home. I recently found a home-based opportunity with no large investments and no risk! I work in the comfort of my own home with an international, 24 year old, Inc 500 company. All I do is set up customer accounts and do some online marketing. I work around my own schedule, with a group of amazing team members. I never even have to leave my own home to be successful!

If this is something you'd be interested in, please visit my website.

www.workathomeunited.com/lynsey

I think that once you hear more information about the company, you'll love it just as much as I do!

I hope to hear from you soon :)
    lynsey7

Answer by lynsey7 at 12:02 AM on Sep. 25, 2009

• Yeah I know it's really hard to find a job right now, especially in California, where I live! The best things is to just try to continue your education. Also I just started with AmeriPlan®, and it's actually really awesome. I spent about 3 months looking for a legit work at home, and after that long I finally got one! I absolutely love it!!!!!! I have the ability to get cut a check everyday, and get a lifetime residual income but just working hard. AmeriPlan® is a health benefits plan that is low cost and something that a lot of people need right now, with the rising costs of health care, it's crazy. Well if your interested check out my website at www.IBOPLUS.com/AliciaBecerra. or you can email me at AliciaBecerra@AmeriPlan.net. And if you are having doubts about it, google AmeriPlan®, i did it's a really great company to work for. The best part is that I'm helping people in a tight bind!!
    Alicia_becerra

Answer by Alicia_becerra at 1:05 AM on Sep. 25, 2009