Infantile spasms with out EEG to prove it

my sons eye look up and his arms and legs slightly raise up but he is happy and still conscious... the eeg doesnt show IS but the docs still think he has it... what else could it be? Has anyone gone through this

Huntermom08

Asked by Huntermom08 at 4:36 PM on Sep. 24, 2009 in Kids' Health

• This sounds like my son, he was almost diagnosed with IS, but out ped neuro wanted to do some EEG's with more detail to be sure. He was 10 months old then, and he had been seizing everyday for months, it was overlooked even though I pointed it out and said could that be IS at the 6 month check up. THe short EEG was bad, and everything looked like IS, but, no hypsarrythmia on the Video EEG. IT was 20 hours long, and we captured 40 seizures. It turned out to be myoclonic Epilepsy, so we did not use ACTH, but he was on Phenobarbital for two years, and now Keppra, it is mostly working, a few myoclonic seizures here or there, and he is making gains with the therapies, at home and in school. He is still developmentally delayed, but, he is a strong kid, and he is very motivated!!
    Sending you prayers and hugs, I hope Hunter will do well, and I hope his seizures will stop. Love, Diane
    diane08502

Answer by diane08502 at 9:52 AM on Sep. 26, 2009