is it a faze when a 3 year old wont eat much?

my son wont eat any thing, is it cuz he sees me not eating or is it just a faze?

mizz_lady_lette

Asked by mizz_lady_lette at 4:43 PM on Sep. 24, 2009 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• it might be a little of both. My dd is 4 years old, and is less likely to eat a good meal without someone sitting with her and eating too. If I at least make myself a plate or bowl of what she is having, and pick at it while I talk with her...or tell her a story (to keep my consumption low...lol) she will eat her food without realizing she is eating alone. Sometimes she simply isn't interested in food of any kind...but when she gets hungry...she will eat like a teenager...good luck with your little one, and I wouldn't worry too much.
    Cheapsk8mom

Answer by Cheapsk8mom at 5:01 PM on Sep. 24, 2009

• Goodness I hope it is a faze!! Mine doesn't seem to want to eat at all anymore also. I just keep reminding myself that a child will not let themselves starve. They will tell you if they are hungry. Just offer food in small portions and hope they will eat. We even bribe if need be at our house to get my DD to eat.
    Katysmom

Answer by Katysmom at 5:09 PM on Sep. 24, 2009

• No, it's a PHASE.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:44 PM on Sep. 24, 2009

• Definitely a phase. My DS is the same way.

bamswife

Answer by bamswife at 11:36 PM on Sep. 24, 2009

• I'm guessing a phase. My daughter has a couple weeks here and there where she'll eat everything she can get her hands on and then a couple weeks where she'll barely touch anything. She might eat eggs for breakfast and then not want anything until dinner time. Sometimes she only wants a sandwich for lunch. I ask her several times throughout the day if she's hungry. If she is, she'll tell me and if not she says no. So I go with it. Sometimes she'll come to me and say she's hungry or she wants a sandwich or toast. She's healthy and growing. She'll be 4 in December and we just had to buy her 5T's...
    DesJordan

Answer by DesJordan at 4:10 PM on Sep. 25, 2009