"My Cousin Vinny" movie trivia question.

I was up all night with this. I'm sure there is somewhere on the net that this can be found, but asking here is more fun. I remember the word "posi-traction" and I remember exactly how Marisa Tomei said it with her accent, but for the life of me, I can't remember the makes, models & years of the two cars that were mistaken for one another. Thanks in advance for your help!

mygirlscome1st

Asked by mygirlscome1st at 4:45 PM on Sep. 24, 2009 in Just for Fun

• That was my favorite part, too! Here, this will take you back....LOL!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/My_Cousin_Vinny 

PS - Buick Skylark and Pontiac Tempest (click on the links and it gives year models, I can't remember which exact year models either.)

doodlebopfan

Answer by doodlebopfan at 5:11 PM on Sep. 24, 2009

• I know completely off subject but is that a good movie?
    Been debating on seeing it or not LOL.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:48 PM on Sep. 24, 2009

• Lisa proves Vinny's theory correct, as the pictures show that the getaway car had to have both a limited-slip differential and an independent rear suspension, and Lisa testifies that only two General Motors cars of similar vintage to Billy's Skylark offered both of these features; the Chevrolet Corvette (which, due to its well-known body shape, would not be mistaken for any other car) and the Pontiac Tempest (which is similar in body styling to Billy's Skylark). Vinny then recalls the FBI analyst, who concurs with Lisa that Billy's car did not produce the tracks. Next, Vinny calls the local sheriff, Dean Farley (McGill), who has run a records check at Vinny's request. The sheriff testifies that two men resembling Billy and Stan were arrested in Georgia driving a stolen Pontiac Tempest and in possession of a gun of the same caliber used to kill the clerk. Trotter then moves to dismiss all charges against Billy and Stan.
    jenree33

Answer by jenree33 at 5:23 PM on Sep. 24, 2009

• Since the question was already answered above, I will just add that that movie is SO FREAKINg FUNNY! I love the part with the posi-traction, and a lot of other parts too. We just crack up every time we see it.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 11:04 PM on Sep. 24, 2009