Motorcycle to pick up elementary school kids?

So, I didnt think it was TOO bad when I pulled up behind the guy in the car pool line, and he handed the girl (1st grader) a helmet.....more points. But I was still a little leary. So we turn onto the MAIN ROAD and the little girl lets go of his back like she is flying.......then the dad does the SAME THING! He is going 40 mph down the road, with a baby (cuz she is STILL a BABY) on the bag NO HANDS! Should this be ok??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:48 PM on Sep. 24, 2009 in General Parenting

• The minimum age here is 7 yrs old to be a passenger on a motorcycle. But its difficult to regulate people who let go for a few seconds....they will probably have to learn the hard way.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:38 PM on Sep. 24, 2009

• I did that stuff when I was little.
    Nothing wrong with it as long as the are careful
    The letting go thing maybe shouldnt do but hey not everyone is a "perfect" parent
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:54 PM on Sep. 24, 2009

• Whos "perfect"? There are ACCIDENTS and then there is stupidity. Taking your hands off the handle bars of a motorcycle while your going 40 mph with your CHILD on the backseat isn't imperfect its STUPID.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:56 PM on Sep. 24, 2009

• It's one thing to go riding up and down the street at 25 with all hands on deck but to let go? And at 40? That is SOOOOOOOOOOOO Dangerous. But then again no one is perfect.
    2murphyboys

Answer by 2murphyboys at 4:57 PM on Sep. 24, 2009

• OMG that blows my mind. Should be illegal!

Good grief people there is a difference between a "perfect" parent and a moron!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:58 PM on Sep. 24, 2009

• Well I think it is dangerous and irresponsible at the same time. Do I have the right to impose my beliefs on that parent? No, so all I can do is take care of my little one and shake my head in disbelief of how easy it is to cross the thin line between greatness and stupidity.
    bebita

Answer by bebita at 5:02 PM on Sep. 24, 2009

• I am not comfortable with motorcycles but my dd is always acting like she is flying on the back of the fourwheeler. Im not usually going that fast but im holding on to the handle bars. Some people are just more comfortable with motorcycles but I sure wouldnt want my baby on the back of it!!!!!
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 5:15 PM on Sep. 24, 2009

• Hell no it's not ok! He should have had the cops called on him.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:26 PM on Sep. 24, 2009

• At least she was wearing a helmet. There is a girl in my dd's class that gets picked up on a motorcycle. She was in 3rd grade last year so probably 9 years old (but big for her age) and she never wore a helmet. We don't have helmet laws here.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 6:29 PM on Sep. 24, 2009

• I bet when she told Mommy, Daddy got in big trouble!
    wildboyz1994

Answer by wildboyz1994 at 9:20 PM on Sep. 24, 2009