My son will be two in October and he is still breast feeding like a new born! Anyone have any weening tips??

He also will not really drink milk and juice. He will drink water and nurse that is it! Please help...

NArnold

Asked by NArnold at 5:17 PM on Sep. 24, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• When he asks to nurse, say, "not now". Never say NO(it'll just result in a fit). Then ask him to wait until after lunch(or whenever) and then nurse him then. Keep doing that until you've dropped all the feedings. Start with the least favorite nursing and leave bed tome for last. If he nurses at night have dad take over bed/night time.
    Arisce

Answer by Arisce at 5:21 PM on Sep. 24, 2009

• My 21 month old would still nurse like that had I let her. I like the preivous adivse. Expect some reisistance and make sure there is a sippy with water and or juice in it. You could also try pumping some breast milk and when he wants to nurse had him that. When he takes it easily, then start adding regualr milk to it. Hopfully then he will get used to the taste and drink it. Good luck and stay strong.
    DevilInPigtails

Answer by DevilInPigtails at 5:35 PM on Sep. 24, 2009

• The best method of weaning besides child led is to drop one nursing session per week. Its fine that he only drinks water, as long as he eats a variety of foods.
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 5:37 PM on Sep. 24, 2009