Anyone have low progestrone levels in early pregnacny? Did you have to take suppositories? Did everything turn out okay?

amy31308

Asked by amy31308 at 5:33 PM on Sep. 24, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I used suppositories, but they weren't enough. I had to move on to shots. It wasn't fun, but everything did turn out ok.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:46 PM on Sep. 24, 2009

• I did with my last pregnancy. I couldn't deal with the cream progesterone inserts because they were gross and irritating, so I only did that for about a week before I started Prometrium pills. I took those until I was about 3 months pregnant. And yes, everything turned out ok. My guy is a healthy 4 year old now. :)
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 5:47 PM on Sep. 24, 2009

• I had low progesterone and had to take prometrium pills as well till I was 13 weeks. by then, your placenta takes over and it produces enough of it. Without it, you have a very high, high chance of having a miscarriage. My daughter is now 7 months old and doing great.
    vickwu

Answer by vickwu at 6:00 PM on Sep. 24, 2009