How to calm tantrums??

My youngest is going to be 2 in nov and we have already entered the terrible 2s. it started when she was 14 months when she doesnt get something she will throw her self on the floor and cry. we've tried timeout on her ,but its not working anymore. what else can we do? my youngest was an angel compared to my little monster.
we are out of things to do to help her understand what it means to wait or to just sit still and be quiet for a while. she is non stop talking which is good but when mommy or daddy or grandma or grandpa are trying to talk there is not stopping her.
oh help me please i've never experienced this

mugwump

Asked by mugwump at 5:40 PM on Sep. 24, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• You walk away.
    You might say something like "ow. that hurts my ears." or "it's too loud in here". And then just walk away. Of course, she has to be in a place that is safe. If she isn't, then move her to a place that is safe. Then let her carry on for as long as it takes.
    Once she is consistently shown that her tantrums do not get her any kind of attention at all, they will dramatically decrease.
    GL!
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 5:44 PM on Sep. 24, 2009

• Ignore tantrums. Walk away when she's throwing one. Don't talk to her at all til she's done and comes to you. Tell her THEN why it's not nice to do that.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:47 PM on Sep. 24, 2009