When did you start feeling Braxton Hicks contractions?

I'm almost 12 weeks pregnant, and I'm starting to feel contractions. Not nearly as regular or anything quite alarming. Probably once a day, maybe 2 days.
I'm wondering if that's Braxton Hicks...?

K_Sawyer

Asked by K_Sawyer at 5:45 PM on Sep. 24, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I would ask your provider at the next appointment. They should be able to explain it. I was told, if there's no blood, there's nothing to worry about. If they're sharp and painful, then I would worry. Probably what's going on is your uterus is stretching and it's not used to being pulled so hard. It's cramping in protest. Also, the ligaments that attach between your uterus and groin can cause what feels like cramps/contractions. I've experienced all the things I've been describing, so it's normal, and it's not by definition braxton hicks. It's more like growing pains.
    ACL2007

Answer by ACL2007 at 6:21 PM on Sep. 24, 2009

• Yeah, I have an appt next week, thank god. :]
    I went into preterm labor, and it doesn't hurt by all means, it's just a tightening where I know EXACTLY where the bump is - kind of like a contraction where you tighten and the bump kind of.. contracts into you. It's definitely weird.
    I'm not worried, well, maybe a little - i'd hate to go into preterm labor again. Grrr. :]

thank you for your answer.
    K_Sawyer

Answer by K_Sawyer at 6:46 PM on Sep. 24, 2009

• my sister had them almost that early w both pregnancies. i didnt have them till late second trimester.
    erika_wright

Answer by erika_wright at 7:11 PM on Sep. 24, 2009