help me out finding a good bank

What is your experience with your bank? I have had horrible experiences with U$ Bank, and I can't be the only one!?! Need new bank that won't steal my money with HIDDEN fees and sneaky accounting.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:14 PM on Sep. 24, 2009 in Money & Work

• We have Regions and never have had a problem with them. They deposit checks quickly and have wonderful customer service. We even had our branch manager call us out of the blue one days just wanting to make sure we were happy with the bank, what could they do to improve and let us know if we ever needed anything to just let them know. We rarely get overdrafts but if for some reason I overdraft our inactive account (usually done by using the wrong card) they will take at least half of the overdraft fee off (this has been a few years ago though). Because we have our saving and two checking accounts with them, if I should use the wrong card to the wrong account I can easily and quickly go in on the computer and instantly transfer the money to the account, because of this we don't accrue overdrafts.
    kc932

Answer by kc932 at 7:32 PM on Sep. 24, 2009

• I am not sure where you live, but it is usually the best bet to find a small bank to do your business with, or a credit union. I used to bank with Wells Fargo...had to leave, went to US Bank...also had to leave. I couldn't be happier with the small local bank I work with now. I have been a client for over 11 years, and not only do the employees know me by name, but they offer a personalized service that the big national banks cannot compete with. I love that the branch manager still personally approves every paper check that goes through my account, and if it appears out of the ordinary, contacts me to be sure there is no fraud. I also have a great internet banking system with them, helps a lot at the end of the year, and as we evaluate our budget and expenses. I hope you find a bank that lends as much confindence as I have found.
    Cheapsk8mom

Answer by Cheapsk8mom at 8:37 PM on Sep. 24, 2009

• I'd go with a credit union. . . I have national city right now and have no troubles but I also have a separate checking/savings at my local CU and they have better interest rates and I feel their customer service is better. . . Oh I also feel they are safer. . . they are insured, it isn't FDIC but something similar for credit unions. . .

chrissmom734

Answer by chrissmom734 at 10:29 PM on Sep. 24, 2009

• Stick with a community-based bank (rather than a national chain) or credit union.

Answer by rkoloms at 6:25 AM on Sep. 25, 2009