How do I get rid of these annoying gnats?

We live next to a wooded area and I have HUGE gnats everywhere! I swear some are almost the size of small flies. I make sure to rinse all the dishes and keep no standing water in the sinks. Also, I have to keep the stopper in the garbage disposal side of the sink because 1) it stinks, 2) I think that is where the gnats were "staying". Doing all of this has reduced to amount of gnats but I cannot seem to truly get rid of them! They are driving me crazy and I don't know what else to do!

P.S anyone know how to get the rotten smell out of my garbage disposal? I have tried pour bleach don the drain to no avail.

Thanks!!

MissMorgan07

Asked by MissMorgan07 at 6:18 PM on Sep. 24, 2009 in Home & Garden

• i am having a gnat prob as well. dont leave fruits out, put them in fridge and with the garbage disposal, lemons work great. And i pour soap in the disposal while its running as well.
    ashleyuc07

Answer by ashleyuc07 at 11:07 PM on Sep. 24, 2009

• Thanks!
    MissMorgan07

Answer by MissMorgan07 at 8:23 AM on Sep. 25, 2009

• Sit out a some wine. It will draw them to it and they will die in the wine.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:30 AM on Sep. 25, 2009