Recently my ex and I argued about our kids, but not infront of them.

My ex had send all our kids to his parents away from me during while i was taking treatment. I persued to get them back. Now after four yrs later, i have them all living with me. His parents often had me send box of food for our kids. I don't think my ex had ever did the same. His parents claimed they don't have enough money to pay off bills to buy food or clothes and even told my kids of things that had not even happened. I wondered if they wanted my kids to say bad stuff about me in court. My ex argued that i had forced my kids age 10, 9, and 7 yrs to live with me. I responded that he never supported when especially our middle child son had behavioral issues at school at which point I had to resign my full time job to do as what the school wanted out of me as a parent. I'm wondering if really I forced them all to live with me? My son currently is independantly well-behaved, so glad. But how did i force them to live with me

allie140

Asked by allie140 at 6:33 PM on Sep. 24, 2009 in Tweens (9-12)

• Even if you did "force" your children to live with you, which it doesn't sound like you did, it was for their best interest. As a mother, you will often have to do hard things because they are what is best. But taking the children out of a financially unstable place where they were hearing lies and stories they didn't need to hear and helping them become more successful in school and better adjusted in life is not a bad thing. Regardless of how anyone else wants to spin it, the way it sounds to me, is you did exactly what your children needed you to do.
    Mom1Stepmom1

Answer by Mom1Stepmom1 at 10:44 AM on Sep. 28, 2009

• It sounds like it was a spiteful comment meant to hurt you and to make you question yourself...guess it worked

As long as your kids are taken care of and are happy, why do you care what he says?
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 6:41 PM on Sep. 24, 2009

• You didn't. It sounds like your ex is an ass. As long as your kids are happy, well adjusted and healthy with you STOP worrying. You didn't do anything wrong or forceful with them. IGNORE your ex.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 11:28 AM on Sep. 27, 2009