Should I trust her or not?

About a year ago I saw my sister in law put her legs over my sons when they where on the trapoling. A red flag went up in my head and I pulled my son off of there. then I told my mother in law to talk to her about it. then a few months later she was tickling my son and I saw her press her hand hard between my sons legs, I took him out of the room and left.

Then I told my mother in law about it and she said "She'd never hurt these kids." So I told my sister in law to stay away from my son. Also because the whole family told me I was wrong. She didn't talk to me for 3 months and didn't see her at all so I told my mother in law that if she'd didn't talk to me then I was going to turn her in. I get a phone call from her and she said I was making stuff up. We finally got things straighted out, but I still feel like I can't trust her Should I trust her or not?

Tigeress444

Asked by Tigeress444 at 6:34 PM on Sep. 24, 2009 in General Parenting

• I wouldn't. Mother's instinct is a strong thing and if you feel that she did something inappropriate, then I wouldn't trust her.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 6:42 PM on Sep. 24, 2009

• i wouldnt trust it if you feel that strongly stick to yuor gut instinct how old is she by the way not like it makes a dif just wondering
    mom2kaydence09

Answer by mom2kaydence09 at 6:39 PM on Sep. 24, 2009

• how did you guys get things worked out. That is how I would base my ability to forgive her or not.

DevilInPigtails

Answer by DevilInPigtails at 6:52 PM on Sep. 24, 2009

• I think I would find it hard to trust her as well....
    AidensMommy20

Answer by AidensMommy20 at 7:06 PM on Sep. 24, 2009

• Listen to your gut...it's 99.9% right.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:21 PM on Sep. 24, 2009

• ya i wouldnt trust her first she was doing strange things to your kid and then you say she lied...hmm 2 big red flags...shes going to do it or something again...
    nana77500

Answer by nana77500 at 7:28 PM on Sep. 24, 2009

• Sorry Im a little confused...Do you think she was being physically abusive or sexually?
    BambiF

Answer by BambiF at 9:55 PM on Sep. 24, 2009

• I'd go with your gut, but stop making such a public ordeal about it.

What you are insinuating is very serious. Unless you have proof, just keep your child away from her and try to keep peace for the time being.

Always trust your gut. I'd rather burn a bridge then let my child get hurt.
    beckcorc

Answer by beckcorc at 11:30 PM on Sep. 24, 2009

• I wouldnt trust her if you see her doing that to your child you have every right to protect your child. You should have never settle nothing with her keep her away from your child. Your doing your child a big favouor. I have been sexualy maltested and I wish my parents where their to protect me now I have to live with it from the rest of life. Make sure your eyes are at the back just as well it is at the front.
    Mina330

Answer by Mina330 at 9:44 PM on Sep. 25, 2009