Body Odor in 7 year old

My 7 year old has been having body odor that only seems noticeable to me. She takes a bath every other night. Does she need deoderant at such a young age? Is this something that should be discussed with her docter?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:37 PM on Sep. 24, 2009 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• she sould be in early puberty and yes i would talk to a dr. they have teen sprit for young girls and im sure it wouldnt hurt to get her some. IT will help from kids pickin on her if she does smell. Try not to embarass her about it though and just have a talk about puberty
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:40 PM on Sep. 24, 2009

• sry ment could be
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:41 PM on Sep. 24, 2009

• Bring it up with her doctor. I also noticed that my 8 year old son had BO. At his physical, the doctor checked him and said it wasn't early puberty, just to make sure he showers every day (which he was already doing! He loved taking baths and took at least 2 a day.) Also I had already bought it for him and the Dr. agreed that he should start wearing deoderant. I didn't make a big deal about it, I just explained to him that he needs to put it on every morning so he doesn't smell. Sometimes I have to put it on for him to make sure he wears it but it's been ok so far.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:44 PM on Sep. 24, 2009

• OMG my niece too! She smells so bad! My SIL bough and all natural deodorant for her at whole foods.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:51 PM on Sep. 24, 2009

• My boy started having noticably smelly socks/feet when he was 8...so I'd dust his bare feet with baking soda before putting his socks on in the morning, which seemed to help, then we got odor-eaters. DD is 7 and haven't had an issue with her body odor yet, at least not odor that can't be controlled by regular baths.
    amathers78

Answer by amathers78 at 7:13 PM on Sep. 24, 2009

• Try for a bath EVERY night. If she's running around during the day she probably needs it.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:06 AM on Sep. 25, 2009

• Please, if you get your your daughter deoderant get her one of the ones with NO ALUMINUM in it. Get something natural like Tom's of Maine or one of the other "natural" brands.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:34 PM on Sep. 25, 2009

• She sounds like she is starting puberty earliy just give her deordrant without aluminum in it . These days kids are starting puberty early and I really think its the food that they are eating.
    Mina330

Answer by Mina330 at 9:30 PM on Sep. 25, 2009

• my 8 yr old daughter has the same problem and we just buy her the degree for teens (it smells pretty so she likes it) and it works foe her, i think it is also a good habit to get her into anyway.
    momandytai

Answer by momandytai at 7:38 PM on Sep. 28, 2009