toddler bed and crib in same room? I have a question...

SO put the toddler bed together, now that the changing table is gone and we have the space for it (in the nursery). our son is 17 months old and isnt quite ready for the transition, but I thought i'd get him used to it, while he plays or maybe even naps. only problem is we only have one mattress. anyone else in the same position?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:52 PM on Sep. 24, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Yeah actually we are as weird as that may sound. I am expecting our second child sometime next year not sure when. Hailie has a crib and toddler bed in her room except for only one mattress. Part of me wants to keep the crib up but we know in about 8 months or so it will need to come up. So its like do we use the crib mattress until the new baby arrives?? Life would be so much easier if kids came with their own beds lol Wish I could help honey but I am just as lost..
    mom2hailie

Answer by mom2hailie at 1:38 AM on Sep. 25, 2009

• mom2hailie, I posted this question in yahoo also, and a lady said it is a pain in the ass, however she just switches back and forth for now. the mattress is in the crib during the night, then transfered to the bed during the day for playtime, naps etc.... my only "fear" is when my son starts sleeping in the bed at night, but we still have the crib in the room for backup in the beginning, if he was to get up in the middle of the night and get hurt from the empty crib. I'd like to know from others what they did to help babyproof that area of the room....
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:42 AM on Sep. 25, 2009

• We are in your position. We take the mattress out of the crib when he isn't in there. It's a pain but it is working.
    lincsmom74

Answer by lincsmom74 at 10:40 PM on Sep. 25, 2009