Am I Being Immature In This Situation Or Are My Feelings Valid???

My ex and his fiance is having a party for his new baby on Saturday. I planned a party and was trying to get us all together for my daughters birthday this past summer but my ex's fiance was making a big deal about it. So neither her dad or his parents came to her birthday which is usually how it goes on special occasions and holidays anyways. Its usually just me and my daughter. So the day my ex's mom found out about the party she said she wanted to take my daughter to Maine. I said fine to that. She just turned around and said she isn't going and b/c its going to rain on Sunday. But thats the day they come back. Anyways. She then said she'll take my daughter to my ex's daughters birthday. I actually am so annoyed and dont want my daughter to go so I said she has a game to cheer at saturday. Am I being immature???

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:53 PM on Sep. 24, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Either I'm ADD or tired because I couldn't follow all the twists, sorry
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 6:55 PM on Sep. 24, 2009

• Your feelings are very valid, and I totally understand them. Unfortunately, the important feelings are your daughters. How old is your daughter? Does she want to be at this party?

Your ex's mom is lucky that you are so generous, but that's really in the best interest of your daughter. As for your daughter's birthday. My ex and I each gave our own parties for our son's birthdays. He had one for his family, and I had one for my family and my son's friends. It eliminated any problems.

I soooo understand how you feel, but if your daughter wants to go, I'd let her.
    ohwrite

Answer by ohwrite at 6:58 PM on Sep. 24, 2009

• It's nice that you want to get along but not all people are nice like you sometimes people just want to move on with their own lives...Like me I don't care to much for my dh's ex she is a very good person but the thought of giving her a check just pisses me off it's like getting a lottery ticket I understand those are his kids but damn it is an ugly feeling what can you do. I guess if she were nice like you I think I would think differently but sometimes she can be in her moods and that is where I don't think I can handle it so I'd rather just live our own lives and just see the kids when we can after all that is what is all about anyway so you don't have to have parties to see each other. And try not to take anything personal just be yourself and move on...GL
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:06 PM on Sep. 24, 2009

• We always host separate parties for my stepson and we only live 14 blocks from his mother. But she always manages to make everything about her, so my stepson requested that she not be included in the family/friend party and then they do something together just him and her family. However, if your daughter wants to go to the party, perhaps you should let her. I do think it is unfair that they expect your daughter to attend if they couldn't attend her party. However, your daughter will only see that Mommy didn't let her go to sissy's birthday party. So I guess it would all depend on how old my daughter is and how she feels about going. I would be upset too, I would. However, you can't let that cloud your daughter's potential relationship with her father or her younger sibling. So talk to your daughter and see what she wants to do. I get upset when my stepson's mother says she will call but then doesn't. Be there for your kids.
    Mom1Stepmom1

Answer by Mom1Stepmom1 at 7:23 PM on Sep. 24, 2009

• I think your feelings are valid. If your daughter is old enough, ask her what she'd like to do.

If she doesnt wanna go then so be it...you've already given the reasons. If she wants to go then let the ex's mother know she can go.

Although you have every right to feel upset over this all, it comes down to whats best for your daughter and what she wants.
    Amaranth361

Answer by Amaranth361 at 7:33 PM on Sep. 24, 2009

• ok heres the thing your mil can take me to maine i live in mass cause my daughter has a game to cheer on sunday......and its going to rain.so i figure you must be close to me...
    nana77500

Answer by nana77500 at 7:47 PM on Sep. 24, 2009