How do you feel about parents encourage kids to inflict violence on other kids!?

We were driving down the road today, and there was two about 12 year old boys fighting. One of the kids was trying to walk away and leave the fight scene. The other kids parents were behind him yelling keep hitting him, hit that m'fer, so on and so forth... And it really made me mad that parents would behave in this manner!! How childish and ignorant can they be? It really irked me and I was wishing and wishing that the boy would be taken into custody by DHS and the parents would go straight to jail... but I don't think it is that easy, unfortunately, but what would you think, would you want them to be sent to jail?

AidensMommy20

Asked by AidensMommy20 at 7:04 PM on Sep. 24, 2009 in General Parenting

• IDK, but it's bad parenting and a terrible way to teach a kid to stand up for themselves.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 7:05 PM on Sep. 24, 2009

• Well I would never do a thing like that, but what did you do after witnessing that?

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:09 PM on Sep. 24, 2009

• Violence should never be encouraged. Only taught for emergencies along with the understanding of what is really an emergency that calls for it. That guy sounds like scum.
    jus1jess

Answer by jus1jess at 7:16 PM on Sep. 24, 2009

• I don't know any parents like that-haven't seen anything like that happen in our neighborhood or anywhere we have lived. Holy cow. That is sick. I would stay away from people like that--they sound dangerous. Maybe crazy.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:16 PM on Sep. 24, 2009

• we called the cops, but they had already been called, but you wouldn't do what??
    AidensMommy20

Answer by AidensMommy20 at 7:17 PM on Sep. 24, 2009

• my daughter was slapped in the face maliciously by this other little girl.i saw it.i talked to the motherhmm what do you think she said.ya your right she didnt do anything ya she did i saw it...i talked to the school a lot good they did,father is in the servvice so they didnt want to look bad so they blamed my daughter.what was that all about.it had nothing to do with the father.so the mom drove by again and flipped me off and got out of her car and started to scream at me.(good army wife)at that point i was tired of looking the bad guy so i called the cops
    nana77500

Answer by nana77500 at 7:25 PM on Sep. 24, 2009

• Legally if I came upon that situation, by law, I have to call the plice and report that situation. In a manner that also doesn't put me at risk. I worked as a therapist and many children that were my clients were told by their parents to beat the shit out of anyone who messes with them. Funny how when they do that there are real life consequences: like their child then goes to jail and is then court ordered to see someone like me. And the parents still don't get it. For as long as any parents who tell their children it is better to hit first, hit harder, ect....there will be kids who go to jail, kids who are seriously hurt, and later kids who grow up and turn into adults who don't respect human life and others' lives. That is what happens. And parents get mad they are inconvenienced by the consequences. They don't have time for courts or judges or social workers. Don't have time for it? Teach your kids non violence

frogdawg

Answer by frogdawg at 8:18 PM on Sep. 24, 2009

• That is sad. Self-defense is OK, but retaliation is just wrong.

SylviaNCali

Answer by SylviaNCali at 8:59 PM on Sep. 24, 2009

• No. That wouldn't do the kid any good at all.
    onethentwins

Answer by onethentwins at 9:22 PM on Sep. 24, 2009

• Bad or unsociable behavior that is encouraged by word or deed of parents is not acceptable. They do both themselves, and their children, not to mention our society, a grave injustice.
    momof2g3b

Answer by momof2g3b at 9:29 PM on Sep. 24, 2009