Fluffy, soft toilet paper is harming the environment?

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2009/09/23/AR2009092304711_pf.html

Carpy

Asked by Carpy at 7:05 PM on Sep. 24, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• No It's biodegradable, tampons and maxi's aren't and no one bitching about it. Yes, it may take some time for certain brands to dissolve but you can't recycle poopy tp. But, maybe would should focus on stuff that we can recycle that we throw away everyday, like plastic bags, boxes, cans, etc.
    viridian

Answer by viridian at 7:19 PM on Sep. 24, 2009

• This cracked me up. I use toilet paper and yes it is soft and fluffy because I am a toile paper snob, in my garden. I lightly wrap a big of it around the roots of my seedlings when I plant them. It breaks down really fast. I also use newspaper. I spread it out on bare flower beds, cover it with mulch and then plant. It breaks down fast too. Between this and composting I have fabulous soil.
    yourspecialkid

Answer by yourspecialkid at 7:21 PM on Sep. 24, 2009

• Is it worse than importing coffee beans or the collective fumes from mani/pedis?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:32 PM on Sep. 24, 2009

• Humans are bad for the environment. Didn't you get the memo?
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 7:38 PM on Sep. 24, 2009

• lol

viridian

Answer by viridian at 7:41 PM on Sep. 24, 2009

• Humans are bad for the environment.
    writeon

Answer by writeon at 8:08 PM on Sep. 24, 2009

• Geez Carpy, I'm gonna start using leaves! LOL
    mancosmomma

Answer by mancosmomma at 8:35 PM on Sep. 24, 2009

• lol thats what we grew corn for.
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 8:43 PM on Sep. 24, 2009

• So they want us to use what now instead? Just seems like everything we do is becoming harmful. Maybe they should wake up and see that we do not always control little things. Sometimes it's actually out of our control. We cannot manipulate everything. It's just hard for some people to accept that I guess.

SylviaNCali

Answer by SylviaNCali at 9:19 PM on Sep. 24, 2009

• They only want you to use their T.P, light bulbs, cars, etc. Anything that china makes.

The things like the new light bulbs are dangerous. It is all about money. Has not to do with environment.
    gammie

Answer by gammie at 10:28 PM on Sep. 24, 2009