What do you do to keep your marriage excited? And I'm not talking about the sexual part either. With your response can you let us know how long you've been married for?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:09 PM on Sep. 24, 2009 in Relationships

• 3 years married, been together 9...we make a 'date' night 1 time a month, a relative comes over and sits with our daughter and 1 time a month our daughter stays the night with a relative so we get one entire evening and one night a month to be adults. We also go 4 wheeling just the 2 of us which makes us feel like kids, covered in mud and dripping wet...or water fights in the kitchen or bathroom.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 7:12 PM on Sep. 24, 2009

• I've been married only 1 and half yr but we make sure to talk to each other, like just discuss our day and try to bond instead of just sitting near each other watching tv or just being here, you know what I mean? Sometimes life can get away from you and you miss out on special time just for you and your family. We try not to let that happen.
    heartfrommyson

Answer by heartfrommyson at 7:12 PM on Sep. 24, 2009

• When we go to bed we wrestle together and just play around, we do diferent things as a family on hubbys days off, we go for a walk at the park I push the stroller and hubby and four year old chases me with 10 month old, we go to walmart toy sections and all play with the toys, we have date night, we go for drives and explore stuff, we do 20 questions, we talk a lot, cook dinner together, do yard work together, we tease each other, take family lunch dates, sometimes we just act like kids with our kids. We have been maried for 6 years and together for 7
    looovemybabies

Answer by looovemybabies at 7:24 PM on Sep. 24, 2009

• Been married 9 1/2 years. We keep it fun. We laugh and joke with each other all the time. We wrestle and make fun of ourselves. We communicate and learned how to fight fair. Its hard when you have been with somebody for so long, you can tell when they are upset with you but don't want to say anything. Talk things out, don't bury them because it ALWAYS surfaces. Never argue in front of the kids and if your partner does something concerning the kids that you don't agree with, dont question their decision in front of the kids, talk to your partner about it privately.
    kc932

Answer by kc932 at 7:24 PM on Sep. 24, 2009

• When I first started dating my husband, it was because I liked him and I had fun with him.  Nothing has changed 23 years later (married 21).  We go to movies together or watch them at home.  We go out to dinner sometimes.  We go for walks.  We prepare dinner together sometimes.  We go for a ride on his motorcycle.  We also just enjoy each others quiet companionship while we are both on our laptops. 

beeky

Answer by beeky at 8:00 PM on Sep. 24, 2009

• its hard! and I've only been married a couple years :) I love my husband so much and know that I am so lucky to have a person like him on many levels...but do I feel that on a daily basis? unfortunately no. I really wish I did and I feel like I should because of what a good guy he is (especially after reading about some boys here!) The best way we've found to keep the spark going to keep the connection alive. I need more than a date night or little moments (though they're special, just not spark-y) We do that by taking classes or doing activities beyond the norm together. We currently are taking latin dance and it makes you feel like you're growing with that person and it gives you something to talk about later. We're looking into something volunteering also which would be another bond. Its also important not to be glued to the hip. Be your own person and you'll have more to share and value about the other.
    mrs_pulley

Answer by mrs_pulley at 10:54 PM on Sep. 24, 2009

• Been married for 4 years now. Before baby we went to dinner and a movie or out with another couple every weekend. But now that funds are short and we obviously dont want to leave our LO with a sitter all the time we do date nights in. We get a redbox movie and take-out about once a week. And then we also spend quality time alone after we put our LO to bed at night (Play scrabble, talk, whatever we want!). We will usually go out without baby less than 1 time per month! We realize its important to make time for one another more often and have chosen every year on our anniversary to go somewhere over-night (now but before we went on vacations). I guess it depends on your sitter situation (and my in-laws talk behind the back over the craziest stuff!) and my family is very busy. So for us its easier to make it a night in!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:15 AM on Sep. 25, 2009