when you get a pap what do they check for?

like when you go in for just a routine exam and they make you pee in cup? do they do a pregnancy test or would they ask you first if your were pregnant? i have to go tomorrow for my anual and i have a 8 month old and nursing so i nver have a period, so if i dont tell them i could possibly be preg would they likely tell me ? i dont wanna say i think i could be b/c i am on the no estrogen pill but not awesome at taking it... just wondering ... .

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:11 PM on Sep. 24, 2009 in Pregnancy

• A pap smear doesn't show if you're pregnant or not...
    It checks for abnormal cells to test for cancer, and some STD's as well.
    K_Sawyer

Answer by K_Sawyer at 7:13 PM on Sep. 24, 2009

• I only have to pee in a cup if I am preggo, never on a routine exam. And unless you express that you may be preggo, they won't test for it.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 7:13 PM on Sep. 24, 2009

• if they make u pee in a cup they dont give pregnancy test unless u ask for it i think they check for protein bladder infection things like that but yeah pap smear is checking for cervical cancer and some stds like sawyer said....
    Kri5taa

Answer by Kri5taa at 7:22 PM on Sep. 24, 2009

• They will probably take a pregnancy test out or routine. When you are breastfeading you may not get pregnant or have a period.
    balancingmother

Answer by balancingmother at 4:05 AM on Sep. 25, 2009