my son hates coming back home after daddy's house :[

every time i go to pick up my son from daddy's house he's starts kicking and screaming saying he wants to stay with daddy. and even when we get home he says he wants to go back to daddy's house. this kills me! because i know how lazy his dad is and i know he makes his gf watch our son. i try my hardest to have fun with him all the time but sometimes i can't play with him. what should i do??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:18 PM on Sep. 24, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• It has nothing to do with what you do or don't do...it's a change of pace and that is what makes him want to go back to daddy's.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 7:19 PM on Sep. 24, 2009

• My son use to do this every time, but recently it's stopped bc I talked to him about it, he's 3. But before when he would do it it would rip my heart out too. At his dads (actually his nanas bc thats where dad lives) he gets everything he wants. The let my son have such an attitude and be completely rude. If Kristian didn't get his way he would throw a fit and they would give in. Well at mommy's it's not like that. It's mommy's way or else he's in trouble. Also, when they'd bring him to me they would baby him (they still do all these things) and would say stuff like I know you don't want mommy but she said you have to come home. It was terrible. At his age I really don't have any advice. Try to start a routine with him on those days. Before he leaves tell him that if he's a good boy and nice when he comes back to mommy he can go to play place or to park or feed ducks. Make a routine of it and hold up your end when he's good.
    heartfrommyson

Answer by heartfrommyson at 7:53 PM on Sep. 24, 2009

• It will get easier when he's a little older just hang in there. I know it's hard; just know that he loves you and he just might think it's better over there for whatever reason. My ex actually would get him new toys and not let him have it until he came back. So poopy! I hope that they aren't doing that to your little one, but kids do it no matter what. The grass always look better on the other side.
    heartfrommyson

Answer by heartfrommyson at 7:56 PM on Sep. 24, 2009

• my 2 year old son is a daddy's boy...we all live together but he wants to do everything with daddy. he will not let me hold him when his daddy is around, change his diaper, put him in or take him out of his car seat, hug me, kiss me, nothing. he flat out does not like me when his daddy is around. when it is just me and him he is better but he is always saying where is daddy i want daddy. it hurts my feeling sometimes but I have gotten used to it.
    kendricksmommy9

Answer by kendricksmommy9 at 7:26 PM on Sep. 25, 2009

• That's tough. Your son's dad sounds JUST like my ex. All kids go through phases. He'll figure it out when he's older that if his dad is lazy that equals no fun.
    Ravensong

Answer by Ravensong at 10:08 PM on Sep. 25, 2009