Pre-School Snacks

DD's pre-school has it to where the parents bring in a snack on a rotating assigned day. I would like to do something a little different and original, but be simple and not messy.

A couple weeks ago, a parent brought in rice krispie balls using cereal straws as the stick to hold onto to eat (kind of like a lollipop). That was so freaking cute and I would like to do something original and easy for little ones like that.

Any ideas?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:23 PM on Sep. 24, 2009 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• my fav as a kid.. and still is is Dirt. It has cream cheese, cool whip and oreo topping with worms. To make it cute you can put it in a bucket or separate miniature flower pots with a shovel :)
    ashleyuc07

Answer by ashleyuc07 at 11:38 PM on Sep. 24, 2009

• ants on a log is cute
    use celleray sticks as the log fill it with peanubutter or cream cheese then add raisins to top it off looks cute and is fairly helathy and travels well in a tupperware container
    jajamama

Answer by jajamama at 7:02 AM on Sep. 25, 2009

• As a a parent to a Pre-K kid, I'd appreciate a healthier snack than rice krispie treats with cereal straws in them. What about fruit kabobs? You could make a fruit dip to go with it.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:39 PM on Sep. 25, 2009

• GOOFY WALDORF SALAD goofy waldorf salad 1 cup grated carrot 1 cup chopped celery 1 cup chopped apple 1/2 cup chopped walnuts 1/2 cup raisins 2 to 3 tbsp. mayonnaise 1 tsp. lemon juice 4 ice cream cones In a large mixing bowl, stir all ingredients well. Scoop into ice cream cones. Serves 4.

But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 7:42 PM on Sep. 25, 2009

• I would use marshmallow cream and not mayo though...Of course I would leave out the walnuts to.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 7:43 PM on Sep. 25, 2009

• I am a preschool teacher and we like a mixture of healthy and not so healthy snacks. If a parent brings a sweet snack, we ask them to bring something healthy with it. Jello cups with Cool Whip is fun and not messy. String cheese and crackers, applesauce and graham crackers. There is a magazine from Taste of Home that has all kinds of cute snacks for kids.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 12:05 AM on Sep. 26, 2009

• i know it is plain but my daughter chooses string cheese and that always seems to be a fav.
    momandytai

Answer by momandytai at 7:53 PM on Sep. 28, 2009