Does anyone else use the ABEKA curriculum?

Does anyone else use the ABEKA program to educate their children or in a classroom. This is the program that we have decided to use this coming Fall. I just want to know how other like or dislike this program. Please feel free to tell me what you do use if not ABEKA! Thank you!

Asked by Strssdmom72 at 10:20 PM on Jun. 23, 2008 in General Parenting

• I will be purchasing a curriculum next year and would like to see replies to this too.

Answer by ReneeK3 at 10:29 PM on Jun. 23, 2008

• Two of my three children have been in preschool that used ABEKA and I have to say that when they began regular school they were so far ahead of the other children. My daughter is reading on a 9th grade level in 2nd grade! It was so easy to take what they had been working on and use it at home with them! They love it! I strongly recommend the curriculum.

Answer by iammoi at 10:34 PM on Jun. 23, 2008

• My kids used Abeka in the private school they were attending.(We're going to be homeschooling next year using PA Cyber) I think it's fine until they go from 2nd to 3rd grade then it gets extremely difficult. Not only that, there's no real transition from 2nd to 3rd grade, it's like in 2nd grade they're flying a kite then when they go to 3rd grade they expect them to fly a jet plane overnight.

Answer by Bethsunshine at 8:15 AM on Jun. 24, 2008

• I am putting my son in a daycare/prek next week that uses this program. I have researched it a lot and it sounds great to me! Will let you know how it turns out!

Answer by Amberfire82 at 4:28 PM on Sep. 9, 2008