How do i get my 7 month old to eat baby food and cereal?

My little guy will eat a spoonfull or two and then tightens his mouth and turns his head or pushes the spoon. Because all he eats is his bottle he wakes up a couple of times in the night to eat. Which means i get no sleep. Any suggestions? PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!!

monkeymama9

Asked by monkeymama9 at 7:29 PM on Sep. 24, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• It does sound like he is just not ready yet. Don't worry, he'll eat solids eventually. At this age, they're just for fun. The main source of nutrition is formula or breast milk.
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 7:50 PM on Sep. 24, 2009

• Sounds like he's not ready for it yet. Babies dont really need anything besides breast milk (or formula) til they are a year old. If he's waking up a couple times in the night to eat....thats normal. Being a mom is kind of a sleepless job.
    MommaTurbo

Answer by MommaTurbo at 7:33 PM on Sep. 24, 2009

• All I can say is that should have been introduced a long time ago! Sorry. Maybe you should start putting cereal in all of his bottles until he starts deciding to eat?
    AidensMommy20

Answer by AidensMommy20 at 7:33 PM on Sep. 24, 2009

• Try giving him table food, just moosh it down and try feeding him that instead. My baby when he tried table food he would not take another spoon of cereal and he never liked baby food.
    looovemybabies

Answer by looovemybabies at 7:34 PM on Sep. 24, 2009

• I didn't introduce my oldest to table food till hew was 12 months old and now he is the most pickey eater ever, I would suggest for you to start him on table food
    looovemybabies

Answer by looovemybabies at 7:36 PM on Sep. 24, 2009

• AidensMommy20: I have been trying for 2 months now and nothing. This isnt new
    monkeymama9

Answer by monkeymama9 at 7:36 PM on Sep. 24, 2009