Why havent I gotten a diabetes test yet?

My friend goes to the same Doc as i do. She is about a 20 weeks pregnant. Im 27 weeks.... She just got one... I havent. is that normal?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:29 PM on Sep. 24, 2009 in Pregnancy

• i didn't get mine that early
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 7:31 PM on Sep. 24, 2009

• I think they did mine at 28 weeks....cant remember now. Call and ask when they do the glucose test.
    MommaTurbo

Answer by MommaTurbo at 7:31 PM on Sep. 24, 2009

• You should ask you dr..It's my understanding that every woman is suppose to be tested.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:32 PM on Sep. 24, 2009

• I get two during my pregnancy. I'm 21wks now and my first one had to be around uh 15wks. I'll get another one later, I think when I'm in the 30's.
    heartfrommyson

Answer by heartfrommyson at 7:34 PM on Sep. 24, 2009

• Maybe they had some concerns about your friend so they tested her early.But i would call and ask.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:35 PM on Sep. 24, 2009

• i was 29 weeks. and not everyone gets one. they ran my normal blood work and my sugar was high, so i did the test. not everyone needs it.
    erika_wright

Answer by erika_wright at 7:39 PM on Sep. 24, 2009

• maybe she had symptoms of GD, and you don't? just a guess
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:03 PM on Sep. 24, 2009

• i think mine was done at 30wks... no big deal when you get it, as long as you get it
    charisma10

Answer by charisma10 at 8:18 PM on Sep. 24, 2009

• If a person has a family history of diabetes or shows symptoms of developing diabetes, it's fairly common to test early in pregnancy. Without a family history, having many risk factors and/or showing symptoms, it's more common to test around 28 to 30 weeks. Glucose levels surge at the beginning of the third trimester so that's when most offices like to do the test.

eema.gray

Answer by eema.gray at 8:43 PM on Sep. 24, 2009

• I think it's normal to get one around 27 or 28 weeks. I got one at 19 weeks and I'll get another one at 28 weeks because they thought I had it with my last pregnancy.
    navywifesince07

Answer by navywifesince07 at 9:29 PM on Sep. 24, 2009