Children being taught to worship Bush?

WTH? Doesn't matter who you stand for, president "worship" is just bizarre!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J-y2QghS2gU&NR=1

ecodani

Asked by ecodani at 7:41 PM on Sep. 24, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• I laughed when they zoomed in on the black kid. But, religious freedom is religious freedom. And, who cares.
    viridian

Answer by viridian at 7:44 PM on Sep. 24, 2009

• Didn't you see the video today on Glenn Beck with that teacher teaching her students a song all about obama?? That was really scary and just made me happy that my son won't be in school until that man is out of office because hopefully he is only a one term wonder.
    usmc0351wife

Answer by usmc0351wife at 7:50 PM on Sep. 24, 2009

• But, no one said if the teacher told them to do it or they chose to. Plus, Obama or not our president is the president, you should raise your kids to respect the president and our government, regardless you if like them or not.
    viridian

Answer by viridian at 7:54 PM on Sep. 24, 2009

• This movie was disturbing. I watched it a few months back.
    2-1CavWife

Answer by 2-1CavWife at 7:56 PM on Sep. 24, 2009

• BECK showed the video? Aha..I knew there was a slimy, libelous Fox "News" creep behind all the wackiness here. Beck...why listen to him? He's a mean man who is anti everything. The kids were appreciating their President, being good citizens and it was really cute. But Beck and the right wingnuts think the kids are "worshipping". WHat a huge lie.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:06 PM on Sep. 24, 2009

• Not that I agree with the whole Jesus Camp thing, but they aren't being taught to worship Bush, they are being taught to pray for him and our country. It is a church # one, which is a big difference from a public school that is tax dollar funded. A church can be as weird as they want, as long as they are not receiving federal funding. A school however, it is highly inappropriate for a teacher to push her political agenda on the kids.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:57 PM on Sep. 24, 2009

• I saw the video today on Glenn Beck with that teacher teaching her students a song all about obama?? It was disturbing. They should sing about ALL the presidents or NOT at all.
    gammie

Answer by gammie at 10:18 PM on Sep. 24, 2009

• anon I had no idea that Beck showed the video and most likely someone sent it in to him..

My opinion is it is creepy and wrong be it gwb or obozo
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 10:38 PM on Sep. 24, 2009

• I'll call your private church camp, and I'll raise it with one public school teaching children to worship BO.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=APHnUYZY4o8
    jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 10:42 PM on Sep. 24, 2009

• It is not weird to advise christian children to pray for GWB. I am sure during that time he needed all the prayers he could get. I know Obama needs them too.

I would also like to point out she did that because she doesn't agree with Bush. She was pretty much getting the children to remind "Bush" that we are one nation under God, meaning he was straying from faith. I think the Mmm Mmm Mmm Barack Hussein Obama, He said we must be fair today, Equal work means equal pay. Is way creepier! Of course they had to throw the race card it was for Black history month. I don't remember singing any MLK songs on Black History month in my all black school, in New Orleans East. I guess coloring a picture of Obama wasn't enough, like it was for MLK back in my day.

Crissy1213

Answer by Crissy1213 at 2:14 AM on Sep. 25, 2009