How hectic is your schedule? And, how do you manage?

I have a 4 yr. old, and 1 yr. old. I am having trouble keeping up with housework, and even showering. The 4 yr. old is in daycare which helps, but, when he gets home he has screaming temper tantrums. I have been trying to limit being on the computer because I realize it can waste lots of time. I have been making a list, and trying to plow through it and looking at nothing else on the computer which saves time. I am a stay at home mom with an online business selling green products.

When do you find time to shower, cook, clean or do anything fun?

I was wondering what your schedules are like and how do you manage? Maybe if I follow someone else's daily schedule, I'll be able to manage. I get very depressed, since it seems that I try very hard, but seem to not get much done in a day.

CamilleMomma

Asked by CamilleMomma at 7:47 PM on Sep. 24, 2009 in General Parenting

• My kids are a little older now (7 and 4), but at that age I don't remember doing much during the day except play with them. When DH would get home they would have "Daddy Time" while I would clean up, prep for the next day, or just sit down. DH does their evening and bedtime stuff (even now) and I do things around the house I haven't had time for. As for showering, I do that in the morning before DH goes to work (usually before the kids are up, too). Dinner prep was time for the kids to have a cartoon while I cook. When they get a little older it will become more managable. Play while you can and do what housework you have time for.
    CaLizzyMom

Answer by CaLizzyMom at 9:04 PM on Sep. 24, 2009

• We do the housework together now. My daughter enjoys using the mop. My mom said to let her do it as long as she likes it. It will teach her to value cleaning. Apparently, I was really into the vaccuum. I know when I was in high school, I would come home and vaccuum everyday. Kept me out of trouble. I shower everyday, but Thursday...I usually catch a shower at like 3 am.
    OneToughMami

Answer by OneToughMami at 12:38 AM on Sep. 25, 2009