Wanting another baby

I had my daughter she was 24 weeks. ever since then I havent had a regular month to month peroid since. I had what was called toxemia or preeclampsia and had to have her by an emergency c-section so my question is because i dont have a normal month to month cycle do you that I can get pregnant?

froggy3432

Asked by froggy3432 at 7:55 PM on Sep. 24, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• as long as you're ovulating you can
    josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 7:58 PM on Sep. 24, 2009

• you could ovulate before you have a period but probably you will not get pregnant until after your cycles start. how old is your baby? are you breastfeeding?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:27 PM on Sep. 24, 2009

• My daughter is 3 years old and i tried to breastfeed but i was unable to. How do I know if Im ovulating?
    froggy3432

Answer by froggy3432 at 8:32 PM on Sep. 24, 2009

• Start charting. (www.fertilityfriend.com is a great resource.) That will tell you for sure if/when you ovulate, when you're fertile and have the best chance of getting pregnant, when you can expect your period, when you can take a pregnancy test, anything you might want to know about your cycle. As long as you're having a period, even if it's irregular, you're probably ovulating (about 2 weeks before your period), though it is possible to have periods without ovulating. The only way to know is to chart, especially your basal body temperature. Learn your body's signs. And it is very possible to conceive with irregular cycles; mine have ranged from 24-79 days, and I've had 2 kids with no fertility help.

DragonRiderMD

Answer by DragonRiderMD at 10:05 PM on Sep. 24, 2009