Frustrated

Has anyone else been so frustrated you just want to get a babysitter so you can get out for a whole day and 'try' not to care?
My husband works from 6:30am til 7 or 8pm so im pretty much a single mom except the weekend and even then he will hunt or is just lazy. My nine month old cries whenever I put her down and if I do let her cry for a bit she crawls up to me and pulls on my pants..breaks my heart..so I give in. I can't even explain all my frustrations but there are a couple. How do I get her to be okay playing alone so I can do the dishes or laundry? Im just at my wits end.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:00 PM on Sep. 24, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• op......or could my prego hormones make everything worse?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:02 PM on Sep. 24, 2009

• my dd did that at that age, be glad she wants to love on you, you'll miss it when she starts pushing you away, the dishes & laundry can wait until nap time :) OR let her play with a wash cloth or something while you do laundry
    josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 8:03 PM on Sep. 24, 2009

• Playpen in the same room as you and keep talking to her. Tell her what your doing as you fold the laundry and give her one piece to maul. Wash the dishes and give her a towel and a cup or a couple cups to play with. Get a sling and wear her when you can, makes doing things easier as she is right there, but your hands are free (but it does get hot and heavy, so you are going to have to stop a lot at first)
    auroura

Answer by auroura at 8:51 PM on Sep. 24, 2009

• I know how tough it is :) My hubby works 6 days a week 12-14hr days (1030am-10-11pm) He is home one day a week, besides night to sleep LOL! Oh yeah, my kids are 2, 3 1/2, 5 and I am 5 mo pregnant!!! Hang in there, and it does get easier (in some ways) as they get older!
    KaRaBaSsEtT

Answer by KaRaBaSsEtT at 8:53 PM on Sep. 24, 2009

• Ugh,...I know exactly how you feel. My 6 month old is way attached to me too. Can't get anything done b/c he won't let me put him down. He will scream and cry. I see real tears and I give in too. Daddy is laid off and he just wants me!! But at least I have help. I don't know how you do it girl!!

Do you have a sister or mother in law or mom or friend that could come over and occupy baby for a little while? My mother in law comes over once in a while and she is GREAT at keeping my son happy and playing. Then I can get some things done without hearing screams and crys for mommy.

Also, you won't be a "bad mommy" if you did hire a babysitter to help out a day or two or three a week for a few hours. It would probably keep you a little sane!! Good luck!
    Jem0582

Answer by Jem0582 at 10:08 PM on Sep. 24, 2009