Easy food ideas for 18month old

I was just wondering some easy lunch and dinner ideas that are quick and easy but still good for him.

DilsMommy

Asked by DilsMommy at 8:06 PM on Sep. 24, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I am a huge fan of gerber graduates and the packaged preschool meals by gerber. They have veggies and meats and seem healthy and DD likes them. Then I also give her a fruit cup or yogurt
    ashleyuc07

Answer by ashleyuc07 at 10:36 PM on Sep. 24, 2009

• Im not a fan of gerber graduate meals because of all the sodium and stuff in them. I make cream cheese and jelly sandwiches, string cheese, cottage cheese, earth's best cheese its and graham crackers, avocado sandwiches, grilled cheese, eggs, quesadillas, burritos, beans, rice, pasta, veggies, zap a potato, chicken, (I'll cook the chicken and noodles at the beginning of the week so that I have left overs for the week) :) Lasagna is a great left over, meat loaf... I can't think of much else... but I'm dying of more ideas myself! My daughter is 11 months and I feel like I'm always making the saame thing.
    tbear2008

Answer by tbear2008 at 1:29 AM on Sep. 25, 2009

• I'm a huge fan of just feeding the toddler what the parents are eating. If you start making special meals for him now, you're probably setting yourself up for another habit to break later.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:35 AM on Sep. 25, 2009

ditto!
    Arisce

Answer by Arisce at 12:03 PM on Sep. 25, 2009

• There is a really good book I just got called super foods for children. It has a ton of good ideas for all ages( that the whole family can eat). And they are broken down by nutritional value. The author also explains all the benefits of each type of food and breaks down suggested daily values of vitamins by age group. My 18mo Lilly loves the meals out of there so far!
    Ravensong

Answer by Ravensong at 10:04 PM on Sep. 25, 2009

• If my son ate what me and my hubby eats he will live off off tina barritos, i dont really eat i snack but good stuff. I do make dinner about 3-4 times a week. My son is crazy and doesnt like cheese, no cream cheese string cheese cottage cheese. He does like grilled cheese. I feed him alot of what you guys said, i just feel like he always eats that...
    DilsMommy

Answer by DilsMommy at 12:59 AM on Sep. 26, 2009