Expecting 2...but not twins?!? Did you hear about this?

A women conceived while pregnant.....

Reports of superfetation, or conceiving while pregnant, are so rare that Boyle said, "There is no prevalence or incidence in the literature. I could only find about 10 reported cases."

http://abcnews.go.com/Health/ReproductiveHealth/pregnant-woman-pregnant-julia-grovenburg-conceives-consecutively/story?id=8656369

Wow What do you think?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:07 PM on Sep. 24, 2009 in Pregnancy

• i hope that older baby can stay in there longer so the lil one can grow some.. that is crazy i didnt think it could ever be done. at least they have a boy and a girl..
    chrstny88

Answer by chrstny88 at 8:09 PM on Sep. 24, 2009

• That's wild....that would make me want to avoid sex while pregnant.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:09 PM on Sep. 24, 2009

• Wow. That is nuts~!
    I thought maybe.. the woman got pregnant, and then she had a surrogate as well. Crazy.
    K_Sawyer

Answer by K_Sawyer at 8:13 PM on Sep. 24, 2009

• think thats crazy!! i had a dream to that effect like 2 nights ago....weird
    mommymeg03

Answer by mommymeg03 at 8:19 PM on Sep. 24, 2009

• It will be interesting to see what the metabolic and chromosomal studies show after the birth. I wonder if they can tell for sure what happened from those tests?- right now it's just a suspicion of superfetation.
    SahmTam

Answer by SahmTam at 8:20 PM on Sep. 24, 2009

• Seeing how they are 2 weeks apart, if the first one goes to term the second will be fine as well. Very rare occurance, like the woman with two uteri pregnant in both. It happens.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 8:22 PM on Sep. 24, 2009

• I think it's crazy too! In fact, my hubby and I were talking about that not long ago (before this happened) and we had just got done having sex, I'm pregnant and was at the time too and I'm like "you know, there's like a 1 in a million chance that you can still get pregnant when you are already pregnant" and we just laughed about it. now here it is all over the news!
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 8:25 PM on Sep. 24, 2009

• I am guessing that mama is "high risk".
    doulala

Answer by doulala at 8:29 PM on Sep. 24, 2009

• Wow that's nuts...never heard of that before...learn something new everyday...
    Bet she is high risk though....I hope the babies end up ok...
    MamaCharity

Answer by MamaCharity at 8:47 PM on Sep. 24, 2009