Have you taken a motocycle course?

In Florida, you must have taken a motorcycle saftey course. no big deal, gives me more education about the vehicle I'm going to drive.

But I've never rode before. Can anyone tell me what the class will be like?

charisma10

Asked by charisma10 at 8:15 PM on Sep. 24, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I took one when I was much younger... when I was learning how to ride a dirt bike first then motorcycles. Mom was not thrilled... :D

Motorcycle course is going to be very similar to a driver's ed course.
    I believe there's 2 courses.
    Learning how to drive/operate the motorcycle, and the "rules of the road" as well. Then you get a test at the end. Verbal and driving - if you pass, then you get the little certificate which you show to the people at the dmv. :]
    K_Sawyer

Answer by K_Sawyer at 8:26 PM on Sep. 24, 2009

• I'm not sure if this is state-to-state, but I know back in Texas and here, if you take a course, you can also get a discount from the insurance company as well.
    K_Sawyer

Answer by K_Sawyer at 8:27 PM on Sep. 24, 2009

• I'm in MA....sounds similar. It was a 2 day course. 1st day was in the classroom, 2nd day was out on the course. Tiny bikes, like Honda 250's is what we rode. Certificate if you passed the course. I found the class to be very good, very informational. However, my best lessons were got by learning from old bikers.
    EireLass

Answer by EireLass at 8:32 PM on Sep. 24, 2009