Are you an animal person/....vent

I honestly HATE ANIMALS. Ever since i was growing up we have had animals. and now i hate them. My parents have dogs that dont listen and are always in the damn way! 2 of them FIGHT so have to be apart at all times. and im sick of it! They arent mine i didnt tell them to keep them hell the pitt had a home my mother asked for it back. THEY CANT AFFORD their own food let along the dogs. and 2 cats! they expect me to take care of them while i have 2 small children to take care of and i dont think its fair. the pit pulled me up the ramp and knocked me and my daughter over! i ignore them for the most part bc they are annoying! i would never hurt them and when someone does hurt an animal i tend to kid nap it and find it a better home. lol i know thats wrong but they wouldnt give it up! Should i put effort in to help with the mutts or is it fair i dont want to?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:15 PM on Sep. 24, 2009 in Relationships

• I can understand that you are upset with this situation, but please do not generalize by stating that you hate all animals. That is no different that generalizing or stereotyping humans.

No, it should not fall to you to take care of these animals. However, as they are not in a good enviroment, and you seem to be the only adult around that recognizes this fact, you should try to find them better homes or (as an absolute last resort), call the proper authorities. In my opinion, knowing that animals are not properly cared for gives you the same "third-person responsibility" that a person who witnesses neglected children has.
    EternalChild86

Answer by EternalChild86 at 10:12 PM on Sep. 24, 2009

• not your responsibility
    josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 8:16 PM on Sep. 24, 2009

• If there not yours and you want to hit them then stay away from ALL the ANIMALS. I will tell you if I see you hurting an animal I will call the cops on you myself. It's not there fault that your parents didn't train them and can't afford to feed them. Your parents don't deserve them either. Wow you just got me heated on this question.

THIS IS NOT THE ANIMALS FAULT IT'S YOUR PARENTS TAKE IT UP WITH THEM......................
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:22 PM on Sep. 24, 2009

• It's not your responsibility.
    I love both cats and dogs, but... they dogs are obviously unruly and need specific care and attention. If they were yours, and your responsibility.. well, it'd be your responsibility to get them proper training or work with them.
    BUT, seeing as your parents basically have the pets around but leave it up to other people to take care of them, well... I don't see what the point of having them around is.
    Just tell them it's their responsibility, and they need to take care of their own pets. You have 2 young kids, and having 2 dogs running amok is not helping. If they can't deal with it, they need to think of a different alternative. Like permanently giving them away to someone who is fully capable of handling the dogs.
    good luck.
    K_Sawyer

Answer by K_Sawyer at 8:22 PM on Sep. 24, 2009

• who the hell said i want to hit them i dont hit them. u gonna come to sc and watch me around animals? haha ur an idiot anon U DIDNT READ IT WELL ENOUGH SO SHUT UP AND READ IT AGAIN IM NOT MEAN TO THE ANIMALS
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:35 PM on Sep. 24, 2009

• Unless it's your house, they can have whatever pets they please.

If it bothers you that much, move out.
    Anonymous

• oh im planing on moving out but they asked for MY help with money and what not.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:42 PM on Sep. 24, 2009

• Oh I have 2 cats, 2 dogs, 2 kids, 1 ferret and 1 husband, so yea I'm an animal person, but it sounds like your parents took on more than they can handle. Unfortuneately if you are living in their house then you have responsibilities there, tough call. Best of luck
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 8:52 PM on Sep. 24, 2009

• of course they asked for your help with money..you live there..anywho..i actually love animals. my husband calls me a flower child because every animal i see the doesnt have a home i take in. i can afford to though. but its not your responsibilty but at the same time you live there,..so maybe they think thats your share in helping out?
    naturepeace

Answer by naturepeace at 8:53 PM on Sep. 24, 2009

• I know how you feel, my DH bought an english bulldog for my kids, and he is super annoying!! Jumps all over everyone, ugh! But he's just a sweet dog..he needs lots of attention..and lots of love..if you can't do that for them, then I guess u should just ignore them...but quit kidnapping other animals...NOT NICE!!!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:56 PM on Sep. 24, 2009