How do you relax when everyone around you is getting pregnant?

I have been ttc for almost 4 months and its hard to relax and just let it happen when everywhere i look i see pregnant bellies! I have 4 women i know that are pregnant one of which wasnt even trying! I find it hard to relax and let it happen without getting discouraged. i know there is women out there that have been trying for years but im young and healthy *sigh* . We havent been actively trying but we arent preventing it either, my soon to be mother in law suggested taking a HPT once a month till we get a positive. I have been wanting a child for a few years now and it gets more and more frustrating.

1stTimeMom441

Asked by 1stTimeMom441 at 8:33 PM on Sep. 24, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• Good lucK! :) Stay patient momma- it'll happen for you. Just watch and learn and get all the advice you can now from the mommies you know! It will happen with the timing is right
    amy31308

Answer by amy31308 at 8:37 PM on Sep. 24, 2009

• yeah, everyone around me is either pregnant or just had a newborn! I want one more SOOOO bad!!! DH is comeing home from deployment in a couple days (YAY!) but having another baby with him readjusting to life isn't going to be happening. I wish!! i sure do. One day it will happen and it'l be so much better then instead of now. I know you've waited a very long time, but it could be just around the corner! We got pregnant after year of not actively trying but not preventing either. We were having sex 2-5 x's a day too. we really enjoy sex..... It will happen when you least expect it! GL!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:39 PM on Sep. 24, 2009

• Why don't you just wait I tried for a year in a half and finally it happened. When the time is right for you and your soon to be hubby it will happen. I know you have probably heard that to but it will happen you don't want to be stressed out that can cause you to take longer also. GL and I will pray for a baby for you and you SO.

Anonymous

• Spend a lot of time with the pregnant women, it helps. I got pregnant when living with a pregnant roommate and when I looked into it it can up your chances 25% to be in really close contact with a pregnant woman while ttc.
    auroura

Answer by auroura at 8:42 PM on Sep. 24, 2009

• What's hard is wanting one so bad, Right now I'd be happy to have one given to me, but I'd want to BF.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:53 PM on Sep. 24, 2009

• Hun I know exactly what you are feeling!!! We have also been trying for about 4 or 5 months, and I just found out my SIL and 2 others are pregnant. I was so upset when I found out. I honestly dont know how to relax either! But, if you wanna be TTC frustration buddies (lol) just send me a pm!!
    Amanduhpanda

Answer by Amanduhpanda at 12:51 AM on Sep. 25, 2009

• Rather than feeling upset, try to gather in that energy and happiness from pregnant women.. write your baby a letter.. sit and visualize your pregnant belly, meditate, see your baby. Spend your energy on positive things rather than negative :)
    KnoxvilleDoula

Answer by KnoxvilleDoula at 1:58 AM on Sep. 25, 2009

• i know how u feel i have been trying to get preggo for a year, so i went to my ob and she gave me some advice, take prenatals and stop BC, now i am having a positive attitude, and hopefully soon it will happen :o)
    bmdred

Answer by bmdred at 1:49 AM on Sep. 26, 2009