what did your hubby or SO do to help while you were in LandD?? if SO wasnt there what did your coach do to help you during labor and delivery?

armymum1013

Asked by armymum1013 at 8:40 PM on Sep. 24, 2009 in Pregnancy

• My SO was great he rubbed my feet and walked up and down the hall. I was very much going with the flow of things and when our DD head and shoulders were out me and my SO finished delievering her it was great and our doctor was great. My SO is the BEST man ever. I am one lucky lady.
    raemommy

Answer by raemommy at 8:44 PM on Sep. 24, 2009

• DH was there the whole time. I ended up having an emergency C due to she was breech and no amniotic fluid at 38 wks. He just sat on the chair in the corner.... watched me go through contractions until my water broke... he drug me out of bed and cleaned me up! lol i wasn't worried about that at all! When they cut me open to do the C, he kept asking if I was ok or "did that hurt?!!?" Good thing I was drugged or I would have been flipping out!
    I had no family or friends, it was just me and my dh. We moved from WA to AK when I was 36 wks because that was where he was stationed.
    07lilmama1108

Answer by 07lilmama1108 at 8:45 PM on Sep. 24, 2009

• Well after I got my epidural with my first one, I kicked hub out of the room lol. He pissed me off, but he wasn't gone long and we hung out till it was time. With my daughter I had 2 friends there plus my hub. My one friend just sat on the couch quietly while I was yelling bloody murder, my other friend was screaming at the nurses to get me my epidural, my hub would rub my back till it got painfull, then he just paced and kept asking what he could do to make it better :), the epidural did that lol
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 8:57 PM on Sep. 24, 2009

• He was there throughout the whole thing comforting me and being the "bad" guy! I loved it, since it was something that we talked about ahead of time, he knew what he needed to say. I was in labor for 20 hours and pushed for an hour, he laid behind me helping me push up to push. He was great. Now, we are awaiting baby 2, any day, now. We feel pretty good about repeating the same process. Hopefully, I won't be too tired to push so that he can watch a lil better. :)
    acholt21

Answer by acholt21 at 8:59 PM on Sep. 24, 2009

• one of the sweetest things i can remember he read me the book cloudy with a chance of meatballs. i will never forget it!
    teresalangston

Answer by teresalangston at 9:20 PM on Sep. 24, 2009

• i just asked my husband "what did you do while i was in labor?"

"stood beside you"
    "what else?"
    "i don't know, freaked out"

lol. my husband mostly did just that. stood around and pretended to be calm. he was so afraid and freaking out. he hadn't eaten all day. he had a horrible headache. i don't think he drank anything either. he was just standing wherever i was, trying to comfort me but really he was too freaked.

i, on the other hand, wasn't really freaked, but i was moaning and yelling a lot, my way of dealing with contractions. ;)
    Stefanie83

Answer by Stefanie83 at 9:50 PM on Sep. 24, 2009

• The most memorable time was our first daughter. Love my second but your first child and experience was memorable and i wont forget it. He was there all the time, rubbing m arms, hands, back, head. kissed me all the time.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:10 PM on Sep. 24, 2009

• I had an all natural labor and delivery, and DH was awesome. He rubbed my back, took walks with me, used the detachable shower head to massage my back and belly...He was amazing!
    ma2b08

Answer by ma2b08 at 10:21 PM on Sep. 24, 2009

• my fiance was great he held my hand and was really calm he talked to me and put cold rags on my head. He was there for me the whole time i loved that when i was pushing he would rub my leg and calm me then when ava came out he caught her himself.
    kelsbug05

Answer by kelsbug05 at 11:15 PM on Sep. 24, 2009

• 1st birth:
    Early labor, he left me alone as was ordered to.
    Later on, he comforted me in the birth tub and supported my feet while I pushed.

2nd birth:
    Early, he entertained the toddler and walked me around the neighborhood.
    Later on, had toddler in his lap (explaining stuff) again in the birth tub.
    doulala

Answer by doulala at 11:52 PM on Sep. 24, 2009