When the ex stepping in and I'm I right or wrong asking her to leave

I've been w my husband 9 yrs, married 8... Over the past 9yrs we've had nothing but problem with his ex, he is not allowed 2 have kids for holidays, or come over to visit, she calls & yell at me saying she's is not getting child support & tells the children that his is behind, not true he has no control & can't hold it from her, makes rude comments in public about me & about us. & purposely give 1 ticket of 4 knowin 2 were needed. make it short a few months ago my husband was in a major car accident and lost his leg, the 1st day he was asleep & missed seeing his son, so I called his son 19yrs later that nite 2 come see his dad the next day in the Trauma ICU room, only 2 immediate family are allowed. As his son walked in so did his ex wife unannounced, I was in shock I did not invite her 2 bitterness, stress,I askd K will u please leave, after 3 time & please she left I was under stress. was I wrong when I askd her to go

belline

Asked by belline at 8:55 PM on Sep. 24, 2009 in Relationships

• No you were not wrong to ask her to leave I would have not allow her to get any further then the door to ICU. She had not right to be in there seeing him. His son is 19 and he had you to be there for support for him and she was right outside the door. I don't think you were in the wrong what so ever.
    raemommy

Answer by raemommy at 9:01 PM on Sep. 24, 2009

• I understand your dislike for her. I'm divorced, and have accompanied my kids (now grown) to "his" family sad things, as they've asked me to accompany them for emotional support due to their own angst and sadness. Perhaps she was there to support her son in this hard time.
    EireLass

Answer by EireLass at 9:01 PM on Sep. 24, 2009

• He was in the day before and did not ask her at that time....
    belline

Answer by belline at 9:14 PM on Sep. 24, 2009

• when I walked out to say she could go in... just to be good she got in my face and said "well we can see who he care for first"
    belline

Answer by belline at 9:17 PM on Sep. 24, 2009

• Sounds like you have more problems then wondering if you offended her or not.

Answer by louise2 at 9:21 PM on Sep. 24, 2009

• Girl I would have told her to get her annoying ass out of there...

She was not there to support her son...from what you explained she is nothing
    a bitter x wife...

Don't let that nasty thing get into your face again...
    Dannee

Answer by Dannee at 10:04 PM on Sep. 24, 2009

• no, she had no business there

Answer by admckenzie at 10:14 PM on Sep. 24, 2009

• I believe that you had every right to ask her to leave. The relationship they had is over and she is very bitter for some reason, there for i don't see why she wanted to be there since they dont get along, maybe she was trying to get a negative reaction from you so you would cause a scene, but from the sounds of it you handled it very mature adult style. I give you props for being the bigger person and not giving into her childish behavior. Stand firm sister and you shall come forth as gold.
    tli651

Answer by tli651 at 2:05 AM on Sep. 25, 2009

• I think you were in the right to ask her to leave she had no business being there. Her son is 19 that being said I am divorced also & sos my dh if the mother of his kids came I would ask that she not enter the room but she could be there 4 support of her kids as that is what I do for my kids I have gone to "many sad things" for my kids but then my ex's family still loves me. I feel as if I have every right to be there for my kids they after all were my family and my life for a long time he left I didn't leave him so with that all being said she is still trying to control the situation and getting all up in your face I'd tell her back off bitch cuz I could really see my dh's ex doing some of that I have just let her know this is my dh now and to leave us alone and she knows that I mean business. If he(your dh) wanted to see her it might be a different story then I'd be a wondering, but my dh wouldn't want t c his ex
    Moms_Angels1960

Answer by Moms_Angels1960 at 8:52 AM on Sep. 25, 2009

• I want to say THANK U for all your support .... I was told I was wrong to ask her to leave..... And I did not understand why.... she should have stayed at the door and not step in.......... the worst part is that she did not care when her daughter came to visit she is only 16....

I pray some day she moves on.... child support is almost over and the kids I pray move out and see the real world ...I have learned you can't fight with someone like this... they are lost and lonely... and always will............. Hate get us no where
    belline

Answer by belline at 9:38 PM on Sep. 27, 2009