Does anyone know how i can lose some weight before christmas??

I need to lose like 30 pounds and i need some kind of diet that i can do where i dont starve to death...I want to lose the weight soon..i am willing to work out...i just need help chosing out a diet!

JoshysMomma19

Asked by JoshysMomma19 at 8:56 PM on Sep. 24, 2009 in Diet & Fitness

• exercise. 30 lbs in three months might not happen

but seriously, get off the computer and exercise. you can research diets all day and night but how many calories does that burn?

i myself wish i had the energy to do something, but i'm going to sit here 9 months pregnant and eat pistachios.

do a crunch for me :)
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 8:58 PM on Sep. 24, 2009

• The Atkins diet. My Mom did it and took a brisk walk everynight and did workouts while she was watching TV. She lost almost 70 lbs
    firethearson

Answer by firethearson at 9:01 PM on Sep. 24, 2009

• Different options are out there...but you will never be more than 80% sure of any of them based on all the research and consulting in the world. That said..I eat 6 times a day...keep my calorie count under 1500 MAX...cut out all liquids besides water. Focus on getting enough fiber, and protien, you will feel full longer that way. Atkins can be a great resource, or even an Atkins Modified...but maintaining the loss is easier if you adjust your caloric intake, and your activity level. I also suggest walking...often...skip a basket at the market as often as possible...imagine you have just 5 minutes to get everywhere...you will walk faster...and take the stairs when you can..."working out" is less important than "moving"...It is important also to stick to as few processed foods as poss., whole foods are best. Good Luck. PM me for a "buddy" to help keep you on track if you are interested Good Luck!
    Cheapsk8mom

Answer by Cheapsk8mom at 9:13 PM on Sep. 24, 2009

• http://www.parents.com/baby/health/lose-weight-after-pregnancy/?ordersrc=rdab0597

I loved this diet. I lost 17 lbs the first month, and was stuffed all the time. Need to loose a few more so am starting round 2 tomorrow!
    coffeemom86

Answer by coffeemom86 at 9:37 PM on Sep. 24, 2009

• You need a lifestyle change for you home.

I would start with simple changes.
    Walk, or do other exercise, for at least 20 minutes a day, at least 3 times a week.
    Make sure that you are drinking enough water, at least 8 8oz glasses a day.
    Eat an apple or big pile of veggies before meals.
    Eat 7-8 servings of fruits and vegetables a day, in at least 3 different colors.
    Eat 6-7 servings of whole grains a day.
    Eat at least two servings of legumes a day.
    Cut way back on meat and dairy.

Answer by rkoloms at 8:20 AM on Sep. 25, 2009

• Try sparkpeople.com its a free site helps you set up a meal plan and work out plan with online motivation and support and its totally free. I have been doing it for a week and am already seeing results they are not outrageous like 30lbs in 3 mos but its a healthy lifestyle and I know I will never get those pounds back. Good Luck on you journey!
    babyelqutob2

Answer by babyelqutob2 at 6:48 PM on Sep. 25, 2009

• A cleanse is always a good day to kick-start both weight loss and motivation, but I do not know if such a thing would be for you. Done properly, they help rid your body of toxins and impacted waste, and sometimes even help shrink your stomach down to the size it should be (overeating over a long period of time stretches the stomach, which is why heavier people are honestly hungry when they eat a lot). These changes help the body use food more effectively.
    EternalChild86

Answer by EternalChild86 at 1:57 AM on Sep. 26, 2009

• Go vegan, cut sugar out completely, if possible. If not severely limit the sugar.
    If you can't do entire vegan, make sure your animal products are organic or from your backyard. Eating anything fattened up for slaughter or dairy with shots of growth hormones is sure to fatten us up too when we eat them.
    Good luck, stay healthy and active!
    zweedledee

Answer by zweedledee at 2:10 AM on Sep. 26, 2009

• OK, my son just went on a diet 5 weeks ago and has lost 40 pounds. No he isn't starving at all! If you are interested, message me and I will give you the details. Believe me, this WORKS! No special diet foods, no pain, you stay full and the weight comes off, he lost 10 pounds a week!
    kustomkrochet

Answer by kustomkrochet at 8:37 AM on Sep. 27, 2009

• There is a group here on Cafemom called "Daily Nutritional Tips" for healthy weight loss. Not only will you find nutritional tips you'll also find wight loss plans/programs to explore along with exercise and meal suggestions along with a weight loss challenge/nutrition course that has tons of information in it. Check it for your self. Its a growing community
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:54 PM on Sep. 28, 2009